Sign in to follow this  
Guest mberg

Dash 8 and windows 98

PSS dash 8 causes my computer to crash. why is this?

LOL... Yeah why???Sorry, Couldn't resist. I think we are more able to help if you are a little bit more specific about your problem as well as of your system!BTW. Have you tried the PSS forum?Happy Holidays

ok mr scandinavian.i am running win 98 and a PIII 866MHZ with 256MB of RAM and a Geforce 2 64MB Video Card and My Stupid COmputer crashes i get some stupid error a big white Box with a message in it saying "Wer're Sorry there is an error in your program click ignore or cancel to shut down this program" and then i click a Button and then I get a FS2002 illegal operation and then a black screen and the computer wont control alt delete and then it screws up yup thats it and i dont post in there cause they don't like it when we say bad things about them. what a waste of christmas cashThat Enough Info?

I don't have the PSS Dash 8 on my computer, but I seem to recall that in a previous discussion it was revealed that the Dash 8 is not compatible with the straight (original) version of Windows 98. It will only run on machines that have Win98ME/SE or XP. If I remember correctly this information is in the documentation for the add-on and at the PSS download site. Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I am running Windows 98SE. And i saw somthing about GDI.exe error when running it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS :-newbieI took off from Meigs just now and had shania twain crank'in on the CD Discman and flew over to ohare, all went well I say, Hey This is ok now, then I switch on the Lights I get the same stupid error again, then when I try to close FS2002 I get an FS2002 has caused an error in GDI.EXE etc. Then I click Ok I get a Blue Screen OE Exception. What bunch of :-spam1 [sigh]

Hi Shane,Actually Win 98 and 98SE are not supported. According to the PSS site Dash 8 system requirements, these operating systems are supported:Windows Me or later. Win XP is recommended.You might want to contact PSS directly and ask for a refund due to your operating system not meeting minimum requirements. If it's worded politely, they will listen.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 mechanic

Hi John.Thats absolutely pathedic, Win 98 is far more better than Win ME and Win ME works ?? LOLI may be upgrading next year so then ill have windows xp pro.... better work then.

Guest eko

Wow, I'm not sure how much of a sound business decision this is...While many simmers are "up-to-date" with the latest and greatest in operating system goodness from Microsoft... many (like myself) who only use a PC for gaming are more than content and happy with Windows98SE.Dropping support for W98SE takes out a pretty large segment of your potential buyer base, I would think.

Guest mberg

There is one way to have the dash 8 and that is to delete all the VIRTUAL windows from the dash 8 panel config. Save the old one in case you do upgrade. What you will have is the 2D capability and the virtual cockpit without the gauges showing.

MBERG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKKKKK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUHave a Merry Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!