Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Best Nvidia drivers to run FS2k2????

HELP....I just installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my Geforce4 Ti 4200. These drivers have greatly decreased my frames in FS2k2. I was wondering what driver version works the best for FS2k2 and what location can I download it??? I've heard people mention a version here on this form, a driver that people have went back to when they've ran into trouble with newer drivers. It seems Nvidia got it right once and that was the end of that.Thanks for any feedback and/or help I can get on this.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Edam

I'm using the 30.82's, which I've had the best luck with. That does not necessarily mean that you will experience the same results. In fact, you may get a lot of different opinions in this thread. Once you find a good driver, stick with it, unless you can easily revert back when you want to experiment.

Guest PaulL01

>HELP.... >>I just installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my Geforce4 >Ti 4200. These drivers have greatly decreased my frames in >FS2k2. I was wondering what driver version works the best >for FS2k2 and what location can I download it??? I've heard >people mention a version here on this form, a driver that >people have went back to when they've ran into trouble with >newer drivers. It seems Nvidia got it right once and that >was the end of that. >>Thanks for any feedback and/or help I can get on this. With very little difference between most version of Det drivers from 23.xx up performance wise (vs. image quality and compatibility) it is more likely that you have some different settings turned on/up as compared to your last set, such as Antialiasing or Anisotropic filtering (which is doubled if you have "texture sharpening" sellected in the direct3d menue), both AA and AF are a major FPS killer, welcome the rad9700 and GFFX! :)However if it the "fastest" GF4TIxxxx driver you are looking for... look no further than the 27.42's but as far as best overall performance/image quality as well as ease of use, the 40.72 (the re-released set at Nvidia.com) are hard to beat! :)

Guest mberg

Depends on your operating system. I am still using win 98 SE and am using 29.42 which seems to have the best stability. If you are using another operating system such as XP, check the nvidia site for the latest driver suitable to your operating system.NVIDIA.COM

I forgot to put down my system specs...Dell P4 1.5gigWindowsXP1gig RDRam100gig HDI had to roll back to my last driver which says it's '2.9.4.2'. I guess that's 29.42. Well this seems to work good with my setup but where can I download the '23.xx' drivers you mentioned???

FS2020 

Guest PaulL01

Thats not your problem, please re-read the reply, if you want drivers go to:http://www.guru3d.com/ but I wouldn't go back to 23.xx

Thanks...

FS2020