Sign in to follow this  

Looks like I screwed something up.

Need some help here. Today, I installed the Rapidshot screen cap program as I thought it would be pretty cool. It installed fine, but I never tested it out. This evening, I decided to install a new panel for the default 172. I decided to try Charles A Grimes's replacement panel. Now, when I start FS2k2, it locks up on the splash screen with half of it showing the 747 and the top half just black. It will sit like this for a little while, then show a "loading elevations" box and finally completely lock up. I tried removing the Rapidshot software but did not follow the directions and backup the default 172 panel. I have dozens of addons, both payware and freeware and have not had a problem with anything until now. Has anything like this happened to anyone? Know of any fixs without a complete reinstall?I get an error when I ctrl-alt-del out of FS2k2 that says:HGHB Gauge ErrorOpen Registry CreateI renamed 3 gauges in my gauge folder that started with HGHB but I'm still getting the problem.Pieter

At a guess, I don't think it's Rapid Shot that's the culprit. Many people have been having a problem with Chuck Grimes' 172 panel and the message you are getting is typical. I should dump the panel and reinstall the default 172 one from your CDs if you know how.Otherwise there are other good 172 panels out there.Chuck uses a lot of bits from the Dreamfleet 172 panel, not all of which are compatible with FS2002 without modification.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I absolutely had the same problem then you with this panel !The only way was to come back to the another one that I have backuped before the installation of Charles A Grimes's panel !