Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

GIV textures posted! Merry Christmas!

Guest AndrewMal

Well it works perfectly for liveries that have white bottoms. I can get the underside of the wings to work out just fine. It's in front of that and behind it that's the problem. Any suggestions?-Andrew

Guest eko

YES! Your paint schemes are nice and simple and very elegant. I downloaded the green and tan one myself, as that looked great, IMHO.Your repaints, however, did not come with any reflections enabled for the fuselage, and no mipmaps.Now, neither of these is a problem, but I decided to rework your fine texture for my personal use, adding reflections. I also added mipmaps, as I noticed with ActiveCamera fly-by's, that the textures were swapping as the plane travelled a certain distance from my view.The format for the textures shold be DXT3, with an alpha channel and mipmaps created in order to have good reflections.I converted your original texture to a 32 bit TARGA with ImageTool, and created and alpha channel for it in Photoshop. I then took the textures into ImageTool after I was done, created the mipmaps and converted back to DXT3.Here is a pic of the alpha channel I created. I left the "non-white" areas of your paint job less reflective, so the reflective effect wouldn't wash out the colors. Also, for those that haven't seen his wonderful textures, there is a before and after shot.Great work on the textures! Thank you!

Guest eko

Yes, it's quite shiny. Probably more than most folks would want or should use. :-)RGB Values: 170, 170, 170Grayscale %: 33% (This is how I set my greyscalse colors in Photoshop, I simply use the Greyscale slider which goes from 0 (White) to 100 (Black) percent.)NORMALLY, a subtle shine is about 13%, a nice shine is 22-24%. So, you can see that I really went for an almost "metallic" look for this plane, much more than just a reflection on the white. Simply personal preference for this particular bird. I don't recommend going 33% for simply adding a shine. :-)

Hee hee, thats WAY too shiny for me! :) I don't have the tools to do the reflectivity here. I did the textures as DXT 3 with no alpha and only one hi-res mip, I get crisp clear textures all the time with that. If you could tone it down a bunch I would love to have all my textures done with the reflective bitmap! Should be pretty subtle though, just a hint of shine.Hornit

Guest eko

Ya... it's quite easy to tone down the reflections... it's a simple matter of replacing the alpha channel grey color, and recompressing the bitmap as DXT3.

Hornit: I would love to have N222MW on my GIV, I flew that number for about ten years.If you can do that I will dance at your next wedding and remember......... get married on Thursday, not Saturday like most folks.Why? YOu ask?>>>> If it doesn't work out you haven't wasted a whole weekend. :-)

Let me know which paint scheme you like and Ill work up some new numbers for ya! campy@america.netHornit