Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Taxiway lighting

Does anybody know of a taxiway lighting replacement for FS2002? I'm using default lighting for taxiways but blue lights are barely visible, only a few pixels each. I find that blow right by the taxiway entrances at night. I've seen runway lighting replacements but not taxiway.Alternatively, if anyone knows the file(s) that contain the taxiway blue light image, I could probably edit it and post it for anyone else experiencing a similar problem.thx.Kevin

I assume you are talking about a dim view through the front view of the 2D cockpit. On the aircraft in question, in the 2D front cockpit view, drag the panel down (don't close the panel window) and see if the outside background fills the screen vertically. If not, the vertical compression is causing point sources to be dimmer.The fix is to adjust this window size to full screen and then adjust the pilot seat height (point of view) to restore the original horizon position by changing parameters in panel.cfg to make these changes stick when panning or come back to this through the windshied view. The procedures have been outlined in the view and lighting subtopics over in the forums section of www.fsgateway.com under FSVC Tips and Tricks.

What I do is go to 'virtual cockpit' view (hit 'S' key once). You can still check your heading and taxy speed by pressing shift Z. Hit 'S' key again to cycle through tower, spot and cockpit views.

>What I do is go to 'virtual cockpit' view (hit 'S' key >once). You can still check your heading and taxy speed by >pressing shift Z. Hit 'S' key again to cycle through tower, >spot and cockpit views. Thanks for all the great suggestions!!! I'll try a few out.Kevin

Guest BP

I've been looking for a solution to this as well. Many replies though point to DL'g replacement "Runway" lights which is not the problem. The problem is "Taxiway lights". Adjusting the screen didn't do anything for me, it was already max'd. The problem seems to be with the forward view of the 2D cockpit since the taxiway lights are very visible in all other views. Changing view_point angle/height doesn't help either. I've tried various degrees of zoom also with no luck. There's something about that 2D forward view which causes one to lose 90% visiblity of those taxiway lights. And on a night time approach the runway lights aren't all that visible either on a clear night. If anything, airport lighting should stand out like a flare in a blackened cave.I read a while back, something about replacing those textures with FS2K textures, but I've forgotten which textures to swap and the details of that thread. Perhaps someone here has greater insight on this.Bill

Guest N247BK

The only FS2K2 airport I have seen with the green taxiway centerline lighting is KDEN (Denver Int'l). I'm certain there's another one or two out there; but, I would like to find a way (or have someone do so) to place taxiway centerline lighting at any airport desired.That would solve the problem, which, I agree, makes landing and getting off an active runway really difficult.

There was a scenery file posted a month or two ago that added the green taxiway lighting to several major airports in the US. Last time Search for "taxiway lighting" or similar, and in the meantime, I'll try and locate the name of the file.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

When you adjusted the screen, it was the outside background you dragged to full size, right? As you squeeze it vertically, it should dim the lights. Just want to make sure we are talking on the same wavelength. This did work for me quite well running on 1024x.Have you also checked the gamma settings on your video card to insure you are not getting black area compression?

Guest N247BK

Thanks Alex,That would be really nice. Do you know if they used AFCAD or a similar tool to add the green lighting?