Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Floating Aircraft

I have the Simflyers PHL and recently made an overlay for the commuter flights. Now I have no idea if this is related to this or what but my planes in the the main part of the airport float. Also I relize Sim flyers has a forum but I dont think this problem is related specifically to there product. I may be wrong though. Anyway to get rid of the problem after I land I usually go to the time in FS and just add a minute it reloads and all is fine. Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this.Thanks AndrewP4 1.3ghzGF3 64mb512mb RAMSoundblaster live

All you need to do is to open the afcad file for your overlay and somewhere in the afcad file is some properties that tell you the airport size.In the afcad file view you should see like a red or purple coloured dot normally in the middle somewhere. If you right click on it and choose properties you will notice its called an Airport Reference Properties and theres an elevation field you can change. In FS2002 find out using Shift Z the height you are in feet on the ground, it will be around 200 feet Id guess and then in Afcad change the airport reference height to the same height then when you save the afcad file and restart fs2002 you will find all the AI planes are at ground level.Hope you understand what I mean as sometimes Im not good at explaining things.Craig Kiltie

Craig, That did the trick. Thanks alot for your help. Have a good Christmas.Andrew