Sign in to follow this  
Guest thomas99

help me, please

Guest thomas99

Hi,I want to by a neew video card for my sytem. I have heard so much nice about the GeForce 4 ti4600 so I have now decided to buy it. But when I arrived to a Intenet computer store they had four different "manufactors" with four completely different prices. I am so confused, is it the more expensive the better or are they alle the same!! This is the manufactors: Gainward, Crative,ASUS and Albatron. Wich is the best?? Wich should I pick???? Pls help me on this one...Kind RegardsMery XmasThomas

The card's are more or less the same reguardless of who's label is on the box. They all generally come from ATI or NVIDIA. I'd recomend NVIDIA card's because they are the sorta the "General Motors" of Video cards. Shop around for a vid card with TV in and out ports on it also.

Hi...I have read here, and at SimHQ, that the Gainward 'golden sample' is a highly over clockable Nvidia Ti4600 chip...Here's a review culled from a simple Google search...http://www.deviantpc.com/reviews/gwgs750xp/index.shtmlI really don't know what's on the drawing board from Nvidia or other manufacturers - but this seemed to be flavour of the month not so long ago. Some might recommend..."hang on a while and get the 'so-in-so' from 'so-in-so' - but seems to me you can wait for ever on that basis.Good LuckPH

Guest thomas99

Hi again,Thank you for the information. I now found this card: "Creative 3DBlaster GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB AGP, DDRAM, TV-Out" it would cost me approx 200

Guest Van

Hi,That would be well over $400.00 Canadian. I take it you are from the UK, so I really don't know much about the Ti4600 pricing there. I bought the Asus Ti4600 128MB AGP, with TV-OUT when it first came out here in Canada quite awhile ago and have been extemely pleased with the cards performance. I get an average of over 20 fps and thats with AI traffic and most sliders to the right. I will admit I paid $600.00 for my card, but it was worth it to me to be able to have a smooth flight sim experience and with having the Ti4600, I feel no need what so ever to upgrade for the forseeable future.My system is two years old, but with the addition of this card, I'm sure I have extended the life of it for some time to come.PIII-1000mhz512mb pc133 SDRAMRegards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Guest thomas99

Hi,Thanks to everybody for the info! Then I think I will uy itKind Regards and Merry Christmas to everybody in the ForumsThomas