Sign in to follow this  

CH Products Pedals

I just installed my new USB pedals and can't beleive I flew without them :). Problem is however that when I apply the toe brakes the brakes stay on after the toe break is released. I have both the USB Yoke and pedals so I have 2 controllers setup in Control Manager/FS2002. Can anyone help with what the proper config is for the pedals. I do have the latest FSUIP

Guest Milton

Check out your FS2002.cfg in the main folder. Ensure your pedals parameters look like this.AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_00=-127AXIS_NULL_00=2AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_01=-127AXIS_NULL_01=2AXIS_EVENT_06=AXIS_RUDDER_SETAXIS_SCALE_06=123AXIS_NULL_06=2Then, go to FS Options and check your pedal assignments; make sure REPEAT is NOT on.Milton

Guest RonB49

It's important that you note the minus sign (-) in front of the 127 in Axis_Scale_00 and Axis_Scale_01 in Miltons example. Someone in this forum sent along this tip to me when I first got my rudder pedals but I simply overlooked the minus sign (slective dyslexia, I suppose). It took me forever to get it right but hen it worked great. R-

I also found CH USB Pro Pedals under the Christmas Tree. :-) Windows XP recognized them automatically, and when I checked their Properties under Control Panel/Game Controllers they appeared to be working properly (+ sign went side to side and red bar up/down). They seem to be very sensitive both in taxi and flight......do I need to do anything else to calibrate them?Also, I checked my FS2002 cfg file......I have sections for joystick main and joystick slew (I have a MS Force Feedback), but I cannot find any similar entries in the config file for the pedals.(p.s. The only other change I made was turning of the rudders on my twist axis of the joystick)So, bottom line question.....they seem to be working ok, but no entry in FS2002 cfg file.....what else should I check to make sure all is set up correctly?Thanks, Steve J.KHEF

After I set up my pedals with FSUIPC, I never had another problem with the brakes staying on. Give that a try.KP

Guest Milton

Steve,Go to FS Options and set the sensitivites for the rudder back to the left side around 1/8 to 1/4. You might add a bit of null zone too.Milton

I had that problem too, go into the controller settings for your Pro Pedals and check the "reverse" box next to the brake axis places, I did that and now my pedals work fine.Cpudan80 :) :+

Thanks Milton -Looks like we've got a couple of questions intermixed here. I will try the reduced sensitivity setting as you suggest.I think the pedals are probably working fine.....it just takes a bit getting used to the feel....they did come in handy on my first landing with them with the Seneca V in a stiff crosswind.No one has answered my FS2002 cfg file question. When I went to look at my settings to compare them with the above post, I could find NO separate FS2002 cfg settings for my pedals.....only for "joystick main" and "joystick slew". Is it a problem that my cfg file hasn't been altered with a specific section for pedals? And I hope I don't confuse the issue further with just one last question. Under the FSUIPC menu, my rudder pedals show a default deflection of + and - 16383. Does experience show that this range be tweaked? I thought I remembered an earlier post about this, but I searched with no results.Thanks again, Steve J.

jerrycwo4Guess I'm the odd man out on this one. After flying for 4 years I finally decided to get the CH pedals and found the "sitting position" with my feet on both of them, then pushing back and forth, to be one of the MOST uncomfortable positons my body has ever been in!!! It's like doing leg exercisies!!!! Guess I'm too old to really fly. The pedals are going back where I bought them and now i love flying with my "stick" even more.jerry