Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

Driver Help

Guest BMarcoux

Can someone please tell me how to completely get rid of Nvidia Drivers on a Ti-4600 using Windows XP. I remove them using the control panel but when I reboot windows sees my card and reloads drivers for it. Thanks for any help. Also and Ti-4600 users, whats the best Drivers right now for MSFS.

Guru of 3D has a site ( [www.guru3D.com] where you can get a file called detonator destroyer. This usually cleans them off pretty well. Good source for new drivers also. Hope that helps.Best Regards for the Holiday SeasonEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

To keep Windows from reloading your original nVidia drivers, you have to rename some INF files, here is how.Go to C:WindowsINF inside this INF folder are the original INF files that windows sees and uses to reload your original drivers that were preloaded on your machine, we must rename 4 of these files, I have named these files below and the easiest and best way is to change the extension INF to I_F.Here we go:NV3MS.INF change to NV3MS.I_Fnvaml.i_fNVHPM.I_FNVMS.I_FChange the above extensions and Windows will then ask you to supply the path to your new drivers. Note that the above names on your machine may be in capitol letters or small letters, the size of the font makes no difference, only the name of the INF files are important.Once you do this you may safely delete your old files and then install new files. http://www.guru3d.com has a samll freeware program called DetonatorDestroyer, you may want to try, It works in conjunction with Windows ADD/Remove application, to completely uninstall all nVidia drivers. Hope this is informative and helpfull!