Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

E-Dimensional 3D glasses

Fortunately for me I have never had these lines. I wonder though if these are related to the Transform and Lighting problem? Do you all have T&L checked in the hardware dialogue box? If you per chance do have T&L checked, uncheck it, that will improve your object placement on the ground and prevent objects appearing doubled and seperated. Another thing, if you have disabled vertical-sync, enable it. In fact I would change it from Auto, to Always On. Vertical-Sync should be on always for Stero. Other than that I don't know of anything else to try other than as has already been suggested to change your resolution. I doubt that is the cause however, I have run Stero in 1600x1200x32 without these artifacts. Of course at this resolution I only have a refresh rate of 75, so flickering is apparent. That is why I run in 1024x768, for the faster refresh rate. I can get a refresh rate of 96 hz at 1280x960 and not see a flicker with my old eyes, but I feel better at a 120 hz refresh rate. Psychological only, I am sure. :)Let us know if any of the above mentioned things help or hurt,whichever the case. Perhaps Alex, or Ray will come on in a day or two and straighten us all out. :-lol

These vertical lines can be removed using Ctrl+F5 (decrease convergance) or Ctrl+F6 (increase convergence) I think the best setting for this is usually moving both lines just past the 'edges' of your screen, however make sure you can clearly read the gauges in your VC panels, as this setting will affect their focus. You may have to compromise a bit.Take care,John.

wbk50kj, Yes T&L is off and vertical sync is "on by default".thefringe, I thought that Ctrl+F3 and F4 controled convergence. I have seen no mention of F5 and F6 hot keys. Is there a difference between convergence and seperation. By pressing Ctrl+F3 the two lines will move apart but when they are in line with the edge of the screen there is only one image and therefor no stereo.Sorry I can't try this at the moment as I have found another problem which I thought was due to the stereo drivers but having removed them the problem still exists.Not wishing to broaden the subject too much the new problem is turning antialaising on (without stereo) causes partial lock up of FS2K2, dropped shadow to text, alt and esc not working and have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out. This is happening with 3 different drivers.Happy new yearBaz

Aileron Freeze is caused by using the Key Combo Ctrl T to activate stereo mode. This also activates wing leveler in the auto pilot. Just change your key combo in the stereo control panel. This one frustrated the heck outta me for a while too!

thefringe,Thanks very much for that info, everything works fine now. Someone on another thread sorted the AA problem caused by Nvidia. As a matter of interest, where did you find the Ctrl+F5 & F6 information and do you know what it does. You called it convergence but apart from widening those lines, obviously some kind of page edges, I can't see any other effect to the view. Also I can't see what "transparence" does.Anyhow, I can look forward to the next problem now.CheersBaz

Hi Baz,If you click Stereo Properties/Game Configurations/Configure Hot Keys you will find the convergence settings. You will also be able to change any Alt+ combinations to something that will work in FS2002. Kind of hard to describe what convergence does other than it moves the point of 3D focus closer or farther away. You can best see this effect while lining up on a long runway and watching the runway markings 'converge'. The letters on VC panels can be seen to do the same. If you still have your edimensional CD, I believe it contains a detailed description of all these settings in the directions/gallery. I have also found that experimenting with the Backplane setting (you will have to re-configure the hot keys) improves the image for FS. If your monitor now has the properties of a 'cube' in 3D, this will lengthen the back wall making it more of a 'rectangle'. These glasses require a bit of patience. They and the software can be quite un-cooperative at times. I have found them to be the best add-on by far however to FS.Take care,John M.

John, I only found the 6 keys in additional properties, thanks.Now I have the things working it will be interesting to experiment with all of the settings. The last few days have been frustrating because I didn't have a working base to start from.I can feel a monitor upgrade coming on so that I can up the res and still keep the refresh rate. A never ending journey.CheersBaz

Guest PhilC

Or do what I did and just delete the assignment in FS2K2. I never really used the leveler function anyway.