Sign in to follow this  

The check is in the mail..

Just ordered the CD combo pack. Didn't need the media pack, but it's a good cause.. Can Bill or anyone tell me if the media CD has a "cockpit ride along" in it?? Flight viewed from the cockpit would be killer!! I got a ride in a B26 once and had to sit on the accumulator tank behind the co-pilot, what a thrill.. A B25 on one wing and a P-40 on the other. Only a 15 minute out and back ride but what a thrill.. Mike B. Proud MAAM supporter.. (As opposed to an atheltic supporter)

Hi Mike,'From the readme of the Multi-Media CD:cabin_tour.mpg (approx 11 minutes) A tour of the front and rear cabins of 'Briefing Time' on the ramp at Frederick, Maryland during the 2002 CAF Air Show. doolitte.mpg (approx 12 minutes) Take a flight on 'Briefing Time' as she and another Mitchell perform the "Doolittle Raid Re-enactment" at Frederick. Watch for the "pop-up" as the Mitchell approaches the field at tree-top height. The pyrotechnics set off on the field to simulate our exploding bombs burned an awful lot of dry grass in the drought-stricken summer heat.newgarden.mpg (approx 4 minutes) The New Garden Air Show, Toughkenamon, PA is the site, and you'll see 'BT' put on her show, from the ground this time. You will see close-up shots of the engines cranking, takeoff and landing, as well as a few fly-by's.rdg_adw.mpg (approx 5 minutes) Go along, plugged in to the radios and intercom, as pilot and MAAM President Russ Strine and his copilot, Tim O'Hara fly 'BT' to Andrews AFB, Maryland from her home base at Reading to attend the 2002 Joint Services Air Show. Look for Air Force One sitting beside her massive hangar at the end of the clip.uss_brown.mpg (approx 8 minutes) Fly as the bombardier as 'BT' performs for passengers cruising aboard the restored Liberty Ship, U.S.S. Brown, sailing the Chesapeake Bay out of Baltimore. As we head down the bay, the "Tora Tora" flight,can be seen making a bomb run on the ship. We do a buzz job on the Kent Island home of a friend of Captain Strine, then head back over the Bay Bridge to make multiple low level passes over the ship. Listen carefully for the "burble" in the air stream as the bomb bay doors open on the last run.********************************How's that for a ride-along. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIMhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

:-eek Looking over what I posted above, I realized I had omitted a flight from the readme descriptions! Here it is:crew_pos.mpg (approx 9 minutes) Most of the other videos here were filmed with the camera on its tripod between the pilots. On this one, you will fly aboard 'BT' in every crew other crew position - bombardier, upper turret gunner/engineer, waist gunner/radio operator, and tail gunner. This includes a takeoff in the nose, a landing looking out the waist gun port, and even one looking through the BDA camera port in the belly. It's capped off by a spectacular landing in the bombardier's nose, "best seat in the house - unless the nose gear collapses;-) You'll see the R4D on the ramp as we taxi back to the MAAM hangar and shutdown. Look carefully at the 7:23 mark in the video and you may spot the next MAAM-SIM project (after the new Gmax R4D) come into view ;-) Bill Rambow MAAM-SIMhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thank you Bill for the "tour". Now I'm even happier I ordered the combo deal.. Got a big assed stereo to shake the windows with, looking forward to it.... Mike B.