Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spilot

Has Anyone Received Their CD That Ordered On Friday?

Hi Jaap. Wonderful! Yeah, I think Jan's VC is going to convert a LOT of former VC haters (funny phrase, that, to an old Vietnam war grunt, like me! Forget it, I have heard ALL of the Rambow - Vietnam cracks already ;-) I sure envy you your sound system. One day I hope to hear my own sound suite on a really good set-up, too!There are three versions. Quoting the user's manual: 'Briefing Time' is the primary, full-feature version, with a complete Virtual Cockpit Flight Deck, Bombardier's Nose Compartment, and Upper Turret Gunner's Compartment.'Briefing Time' - Medium is equipped with the VC Flight Deck, but not the Bombardier's or Upper Gunner's compartments.'Briefing Time' - Light has no virtual cockpit at all, for those whose systems can not support the more complex versions and still deliver adequate performance.Note the absence of the word "Full" in the variation title. You can actually have four versions, if you downloaded the Trial Version, co-existing in the aircraft folder. The one that is not further designated is the complete, full version.If you access the PTM with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, or a number of other viewing programs - I like ACDSee Classic - you can bring up the first page, then hit the forward arrow to go through the pages as you would a book. Even better, though, is get yourself a scrolling mouse and using ACDSee and other programs, just rolling the wheel forward and backwards will take you through the pages, quickly or slowly, as you prefer. I will never use a non-scrolling, non-optical mouse again. They are not too pricey, either. Check it out.On the VC yoke - you are correct, unless Jan want's to do some custom work for you, they are there to stay. Personaly, I would consider this akin to cutting Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile out of the painting! I have a rough idea of how many hundreds of hours Jan poured into those yokes! I would not even dare ask him that!! :-wink2Now put your hat back on before you catch a chill! :-hah Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

You live across the Atlantic? I live in the wilds of Northern Michigan,(actually Traverse City) , and ordered the twin cd pack Tuesday 19th before noon and have still not received it. And yes, the order was confirmed right away. Make no mistake, I am glad that yours came so quickly, but I would have thought (selfish me), that I would have gotten mine by now. I know the wait will be worth it, but how much longer must I be in suspense? Bill, please HELP!:-(

The obvious answer is: airplanes are quicker at delivering the mail than dog sleds! :-) Seriously, I am sure the weather is a huge factor. Like us Marylanders, the guys up at Reading have been nailed with the worst winter in living memory. One of our BTBT contributors, Howard Sodja, who wrote the B-25 History for the multi-media CD, and revised and tested the checklists and reference pages, sent me a video over two weeks ago. It got here day before yesterday! Northern Michigan! Good grief, you may not see it until the spring thaw! ;-) Seriously, I bet it will be along any time, now. The bad news is, we are about to get nailed by yet another winter storm here in the Mid Atlantic. :-( It's my birthday and I may spend it stranded at Andrews AFB - again!Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Spilot

Did you mail all the weds with the friday orders, and when did you send them out if you don't mind me asking, just curious because if the one guy bought his from chicago on weds, and I ordered mine on Friday that means I won't get mine till next week probably. Just trying to figure out if I will have it this weekend. First class mail travels 1 to 3 days they said. Thanks so much and if you would like to post this to me personnally via email so not public I understand.ADAMSpilot692000@yahoo.comGreat work and I support you guys all the way.

Bill, thanks for your prompt reply. Dog Sleds?:-xxrotflmao Spring Thaw?:-lol A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! We all appreciate the efforts of you and your team and MAAM to have BT in the hands of us greedy, seldom satisfied flightsimmers :-hah A virtual toast to you all! Perhaps Reading might be in the cards for me this year and we can turn this virtual beer into a real one*:-* All the Best, Jay

Well here it is the 27th and the mailman just left and no CD's. I ordered and got confirmed on the 19th and live in California.. I'm about to do the download thing myself if it isn't here by Saturday... MIke B.

Ordered same day (19th), no cd today (27th)in Chicago, but don't think they went out that same day that we ordered, because it was on the site too early and Bill Rambow was snowed in etc. MAAM told me mine "probably" wasn't mailed until this last Tuesday (25th).I'm glad so many people are ordering this, because it will help restore some great planes. How much would you guys charge to deliver in the BT? Marc

Bill,Happy birthday, bro!(yea, ya seem to hear that only from bikers, right?). Well, I am one, but NOT this time of year in Wisconsin, dar hey.... I relegate my free time flyin' yer darn airplanes!!!A new better quality video card has sure made a difference in how Briefing Time looks and flys in my machine! It's a whole new flight sim jumping from GeForce2 technology to GeForce4!I only have the B-25 demo (until my 2 CD set arrives) at this time, and using your R4D-6 sound file to make them radials 'sing' on the surround sound, but what a pleasure to fly.Dumb question? How do I get the bomb bay doors open? I can't get the family tent and other gear up through the crew hatch in the belly!Really lookin' forward to the VC!I think my R4D-6 version is a bit dated as well, but I still fly her in FS2002.Please get the gmax version done soon,K???Thanks Bill, ya got a first class team there!

Ordered on the 19th, got it today to upstate NY. Worth the wait!Outstanding product.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bill!I have a cat, a very old and lovely cat. It always sits on my lap when I type, and sometimes it insists on showing that cats have a mind of their own. Yesterday I created a long reply to you, and just before posting it, the old and faithful feline wiped it out with one single stroke of his right paw. But here I am again!"(...) Jan's VC is going to convert a LOT of former VC haters (funny phrase, that, to an old Vietnam war grunt, like me! (...)"Let's call the Briefing Time VC "Charley" then (grin)!"(...) The one that is not further designated is the complete, full version (...)"Sure... but that's the version that I DON'T have! I've got three versions proudly sitting on the little FS menu: light, medium and trial. Nothing else. It seems to be in the folder alright, but doesn't show up on the little menu inside FS. As for the PTM: I'll give that a try. Also, I'll run down to the computer store today, and get myself a coupla new ink cartridges. I LOVE to print these things out!The VC ("Charley") yoke then. Since Jan is a fellow countryman of mine and, considering the small size of our country, does not live more than an hours driving away from me, I do no DARE suggest to him to remove the yoke! The little gubber will undoubtedly come and kill me in a most imaginative and horrible way (wide and wicked grin)! Truly, the yoke is a beautiful piece of art, and I can live with it. Just looks a bit silly, having the CH yoke in my hands, and a few inches away a second yoke: Jan's. But I look silly anyway, sitting in my little cockpit, eDimensional glasses on my nose, a look of extasy on my face and yes, indeed, the damn cat on my lap!Just something that might be interesting to the MAAM-SIM crew and other designers: when using eDimensional 3D glasses, things close up like yokes visually jump out of the screen and look like they're somewhere between the screen and the eye of the beholder. So do other parts of Charley, like the reflector sight and its little dialing knob. GREAT! If you haven't tried these glasses yet, DO! The perceived distance between yoke and instrument panel is, although VERY natural, also in the confines of a computer environment too big. That can only be solved by reducing stereo separation, i.e. by strongly reducing the 3D effect. Which kind of negates the purpose of having Charley in 3D stereo...See what I mean? Possibly not: often I manage to explain things in such a way that nobody, not even myself, understands it anymore...I must go now. It's nearly ten in the morning here, I have the day off, and I've got a B-25 Mitchell to fly!Be, stay, live and fly well!Jaap Verduijn (a VERY happy camper!)

Guest IanP

In lieu of shouting RTFM before someone else does... :-hahThe "/" key (or whatever you have spoliers set to...) opens the b.b. doors - the little light on the panel glows at you as well, to remind you that the tent is likely to fall out again when you take off. Only problem is that you'll probably have to take the bombs out to get the tent in!Ian P.:-halo

Hi Frag,Boy oh boy! Ian not only gave you the correct answer, and the proper admonition to read the manual, but he even stole my joke about the tent falling out! :-) Good work, Ian - ya need a job? ;-)Thanks for the happy returns of the day. :-)Seriously, folks. You really are going to want to check out the manual, though. If you haven't seen it, and are expecting one of those dull, drab, plain text thingies that you are used to ignoring, I think you are in for a pleasant surprise. I tried to put everything in there you will need to not only figure out how everything works on the panels, but also operational information on flying the aircraft, and everything we know about potential problems (not many) that could possibly affect you. You will not have to read the whole thing, though, just to find the answer to a simple question like this one. Instead, you open the html manual on your browser, go to the table of contents, find AIRCRAFT ANIMATIONS, and click on BOMB BAY DOORS. You will be zoomed straight to the appropriate section, faster than a Harley Speedster!Since you are waiting for your CD, I can't really blame you for not downloading and checking out the manual, although I certainly recommend everyone do just that while they are waiting for the Pony Express rider to tie up to the old hitching post. It's the perfect time, because after the CD arrives you are going to want to get up there and fly. :-) Hopefully you will also want to look at the instructional videos - something that has never been done before in a product like this. I think you are going to enjoy them.Thanks for giving me an opening to talk about the manual, Frag. :-) Now, have you figured out how to close the window so good ole "Bus Taylor" doesn't get frostbite of the left elbow? ;-) Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Received it today Friday the 28th, Ordered on 19th, mailed 25th, received today in Chicago. Gone flying. Marc

Ian,Hey thanks for reminding me of the manual, but I couldn't find it! I finally found it stuck inside an old 1943 issue of Life magazine with Rita Hayworth on the front cover back in the tail gunners compartment! I know, I know, I shouldn't let the kids in the plane when I'm not home. They think it's just 'Dad's big old camper in the sky'. In a way, it is, that's why we need to get the camping gear in through the bomb bay, don't ya know....The bomb bay key was the only animation I couldn't quite figure out.