Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy_YXU

Amaizing water but need little hint... (PIC)

Guest Andy_YXU

I just downloaded Ed Truthan Ocean Texture installed it and I have to say they are amaizing to the power of X. Sure deserve the gold medal.I installed them on random kind of, well what I would like to know what combination is the best to achive the best looking water you would find in Tropic, cuba bahamas etc... I kind of don't understand the instruction he wrote which would be the best combo for Tropic.I know I used MODERETE WINDS PACKAGE NE and NE SW SWELLS, but it says that one package gives you more of RAFFS effect or does it matter? I kind of don't get the way he wrote it.... :-roll I don't care which way the waves go really just so it looks best.ThanksAndy

hi andyi use strongest winds effect,that way when higher up you can still see the wave effect.as you say it doesn't really matter which effect you use ,they all look great..also download the file NW_envo2.zip..this updates some of the features like the sun reflection.its here on avsim i think..or flightsim.com best wishes steveif you can't find the addon let me know ill post a link.

Guest Andy_YXU

I will try the strongest winds, I used the moderate for that same reason to be able to see the movement from higher altitude as I myself i am more of a Big Jet person and not small props. so when I fly high wouldn't see a whole lot.Andy

First time I've heard mention of this, but it looks good! Pls post the link.

Guest Boone

Also, make sure your water effect slider is all the way up to 'eleven'! (that would be a ten if you haven't seen the movie Spinal Tap)Boone

hican't post link for file as you have to login.but if you go to flightsim.com and search file for ENVO, you'll get it...its only file it comes up with.it copies over some files.so if your not sure ,make a backup best wishes steve

Guest Andy_YXU

If you mean for the water you go to flightsim.com, then go to search files library and category "FS2002 utilities and misc." and search for WATER... you will get 3 files found choose the ones that got GOLD MEDAL from flightsim there are 2 of them they are called something like:oceanstx.zipoceansfx.zipthey are 'bout 5 MB eachas for the envire I think I already those from long time ago so not sure.ANDY

Hi Andy,There exists also a utility written by Johan de Vries which allows you to load the different wave strengths and directions and surface effects, based on parameters filled in in a form. The file is named: ofx10sa.ziphm

Guest Andy_YXU

Thank you very much. I downloaded it as we speak.Andy