Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

Microsoft MD83 aircraft directory??????????

I noticed that Microsoft FS2002 Pro creates a MD-83 folder complete with aircraft/texture files in the aircraft directory. What is this and why doesn't it appear on the aircraft list in the program?Seems odd that this would be installed when it is not listed as one of the installed planes.MJC

Not all the aircraft in FS2002 Pro are flyable. This is for AI mainly, but with a tweak to the aircraft cfg or a d/l file you can fly it. Been so long since I installed, can't remember the other non flyable ones, Dash I think as well.Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest eko

It is one of the AI planes used for ATC. It is a "non-flyable" aircraft (along with the Piper 180 and Dash 8).However, you can make them flyable by adding a panel and modifying the AIR file. There are a couple of solutions already in the file library that do all the leg work for you.

Thanks for the explanation. Any idea where I might find a "tweaked" aircraft.cfg file for this? Alternately, do you know of any good MD-8x models for FS2002? I looked through the AVSIM file library and did not really find anything.MJC