Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

Strange new problem (display related)

Guest aca_dia

I just got a new monitor. I had a 17" that I kept the desktop at 1024X768. My new monitor is 19" and now my desktop is at 1280X1024. I have made not other changes to my system and no changes to MSFS2002. MSFS2002 is set to run at 1024X768.Here is the problem. When I first load up a flight (with any aircraft) the aircraft panel is shrunk to about 75% of the screen and wedged into one of the corners. If I simply load a new aircraft it fixes the problem and my panels look normal again. This happens no matter what aircraft I start with and changing to any other aircraft will fix it. I am assuming the problem is related to my new desk to resolution. Why the hec is this happening?ThanksP3 800 512mb Gforce 4 128mb

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but as far as I understand it, 1280 x 960 is the same aspect ratio (4 x 3) as 1024 x 768, whereas 1280 x 1024 is different. In my experience the only problem this should cause is a slight skewing of perspective, not the problem you report. I can't imagine why this would have any impact, but who knows? Maybe it's worth trying to set your desktop to any 4 x 3 resolution if FS2002 is also set at 4 x 3.Jesse

Guest RonB49

I suspect that you are starting with flights that were saved at your old resolution. Try getting the insturment panels adjusted as you want them, then resave the flight. I'll bet that the next time you start with that flight, everthing will be fine. R-

It sounds like you might be using to high of a refresh rate and FS is defaulting to 640x480 so your monitor does not get messed up.My advice is to download the monitor inf files so you can get the proper mode lines and refresh rates for your new monitor.Also if you have any custom refresh rates for the 60hz refresh rate bug in xp or win2k erase those and start over so the program can redetect your refresh rates proper.this should fix it :)Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest aca_dia

Which monitor INF files are you refering to? (specific to my monitor or specific to FS2002) I tried the above suggestion of saving a new default game and that did not fix it. I tried going back to a desk to resolution of 1024 x 768 and the problem still occurs?! The monitor certainly has no trouble dealing with it (Sony Multiscan G410 can run up to 1920 x 1440 with a refresh rate of better than 80hz at that setting).This problem was not present when I first added the monitor and now all of the sudden it is here. Thanks for the info

Guest aca_dia

Add this one to the list of unexplainable events. I just started messing around with what aircraft was saved as the default and found that the standard MSFS2002 aircraft loaded up just fine no problem (was restarting MSFS each time to test). Both my FSD Seneca & Cheyenne loaded up in shrunken mode. After testing each aircraft I had I again saved the default game with one of the FSD aircraft and on the next load all was fine! Did a few more test loads to see if I could bring back the problem, but I was unsuccessful (I guess that was successful). All seems ok now, but I have made no changes