Sign in to follow this  

Roger Wilco and FS2002

I can get RW to work outside of FS2002, I can hear and be heard by others. However, when I try to use it within FS2002 I can hear (for a while) but cannot be heard by others. If I ALT-TAB out to the RW window it works while FS2002 is running in the background. Also, the RW connection seems to go away if I don't keep that window active.I am running McCaffee Firewall, but I have given full permission to RW, SquawkBox and FS2002 to interact with the internet as they please. I'm usign a Sony R549DS, PII 750MHz, 256 MB RAM, Aureal Vortex sound card, NVidia TNT2 video card.Any ideas?Thanks in advance,eric

the problem may not be in your setup, but in the servers used to maintain RW contact. If that's the case there is not much that can be done unless all users talking to a given controller agree to change voice servers...but, that is kind of disruptive. Have you noticed whether your problem exists no matter where you are flying, or does it seem limited to a specificly controlled area? btw, are you using the latest squackbox 2.3 which launches RW on its own? hope any of this helps...sherm

I've tried in a variety of diffferent airspaces (KSAN, KSFO, KDEN, KATL, KORD to name a few). ALways the same, I can hear but not be heard from within FS2002, when I ALT-TAB out of FS2002 I can be heard (I think some of the people are getting tired of telling me they can hear me 5x5...).I'm using the latest SquawkBox that is intended for FS2002 and I've tried the latest version of RW along with a prior version, same, same. While I still enjoy flying interactively using SB and text, it was the voice capability that really sucked me into this whole online flight sim area.Some body else must have encountered this problem. I've only received one lame reply from the RW people, "Make sure you check our website and verify that your sound card is compatible". I had already informed them that my sound card was listed on their site with their comment that "Aureal makes the best drivers, period". It's supposed to work according to them.I don't know. There's got to be something I'm missing, I've tried everything I can think of. Uninstalled and reinstalled all of the software and drivers (FS2002, RW, SB, sound drivers). I'm using DirectX 8.1 which isn't supposed to have conflicts either.HELP!

One other thought. Have you got your soundcard set for duplex, so that it can send and receive?sherm

Yes, as I said, I can use RW outside of FS2002. It is only misbehaving inside the app...