Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sikpupi

MAAM B25 - No luck in FS9

Guest Sikpupi

Unable to load some software blah blah blahFile: GAUGESMAAM_B25.GAUAnybody with a fix for me?

You betcha! Just say YES, you do wish to load the FSSound.dll about which you get that first dire warning. It works perfectly and will allow the BT gauges to load properly so you will not get all the other warnings.Eventually, Daniel Steiner, the author of this little module that allows gauges to incorporate sounds, will update the dll file so this flag does not show up. But, in the meantime, if you do not want to see the warning come up every time you load FS9, here's a fix from Fred Banting:Under Documents and SettingsYOUR folder(whatever yours is named)Application DataMicrosoftFS2004 you will find the elusive FS2004.cfg file to which you must add this section.[OLDMODULES]fssound.dll=1Just paste it on the end of the cfg file and you will not be pestered by false warnings of potential doom anymore. BT works perfectly and looks fantastic in FS9. :-jumpy Bill RambowMAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Hamblyhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest IanP

Is there a bit about (oldmodules), but in square brackets, rather than round, missing there, Bill? :-hahI think, although please correct me if I am wrong, that it should be(OLDMODULES)fssound.dll=1but with the round brackets replaced with square ones - which appear as html tags in this forum and cause them to vanish into the ether!Ian P.:-halo

Thanks for the tip, Bill !I assume that the original poster is a Beta tester, as FS9/FS2004 isn't out yet. Odd that:a) He wasn't aware of this FSSound fix:( That this is his first posting here at AvsimI look forward to flying the MAAM craft in the new sim, when its released.Alastair

That is correct Ian. I think the forum display stripped out the square bracketed line from Bill's post.Fred

Guest Sikpupi

Here come the police...Actually it is a gold final copy, I work for a magazine in Finland and it is our review copy.It's not my first post here, I just had to re-register due to the inactive users thang.

OK, fair enough. Appologies in full for any inferrence, but I'm sure you can appreciate my caution.Hopefully you are now happily flying the B-25 in the new sim.Cheers,Alastair

Guest Sikpupi

Apology fully accepted :)However I never got the chance to thank Bill (or is it John?) Rambow for answering my query originally.He didn't get it exactly right, but he gave me enough info to follow the lead myself.Thanks again Bill :)

Guest cseidel

Bill I have loaded the B-25 from the disk I purchased and answered yes to the fssound.dll file but can not get a 2D cockpit. VC is fine and everything else seems to work fine, except no 2D cockpit.Thanks Chuck

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bill!I'm having the same problem: everything works fine in FS2004, except... the 2D cockpit's gone AWOL... Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest GZR_Frenchy

I have the same problem.However, if you hit the "W" key and wait several seconds the 2D panel will appear. Then switch to the right engine and it isn't there. Next go back and there is no 2D panel again. Hit the "W" key and again wait a few seconds and the panel will appear again. Only this time it will stay put and the engines also are there.Strange.Frenchy -- out.

Guest firehawk44

Okay Bill, I've done what you (thru Fred Banting) suggested: I put the fssound.dll=1 at the end of my FS9.cfg. I still receive the fssound.dll warning when I start FS9. I tried putting the "old modules" heading and it still didn't work. What was really strange is that the lines I added to my FS9.cfg were deleted whenever I started up the sim. Checked the properties and it's not a read-only file. Perhaps I have to edit the FS9.txt file too. I'll wait until the author updates the module and "suffer" through the warning message until then. Just thought I'd pass this info on for other users. I haven't seen a solution to this problem yet. Thanks again for a great aircraft!Jim Young

Fred will attend to this. A small change is required in the gauge. This will be included in a patch, along with a fix for the hydraulic gauge, which is showing a problem Fred licked for FS2002. The patch - the first since BT's release, I am happy to add - will also have a new version of FSSound.dll so that warning of possible virtual Armageddon will not appear, anymore.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Hamblyhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Thanks, Bill.Must also state from the other side of the coin that "Briefng Time" runs even better in Fs9 than in Fs2002. Just in my humble opinion. The views switch faster, the suspension on the asphalt is exactly what I thought a big bird with big binders would bounce like with a novice pilot hitting them too hard. Somewhat like me . Much better than in Fs2002.The Radio Altimeter is a blessing. The frame rates are even't touched a nary. Good stuff. Yep, she is a keeper. Heck, don't get me started.Frenchy -- out.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case