Sign in to follow this  
Guest NealT

GMax R4D Release

Ah, I see at least two of our three BTBT helpers from the convention have not only made it back to their homes across the pond, but have returned to the forum. This would seem to be a good time to reward them for their hard work by making them famous.....http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/IMG_0018.JPGThis was taken aboard the R4D right after the stewardess announced that Captain Strine had relinquished the controls to First Officer Rambow. ;-)That would be Ian Pearson on the left, demonstrating abject terror and good sense, Keith Maton in the center, who has just ordered a large portion of cow and a beer of unspecified brand for his last meal, and Tim Westnutt who, experienced "cargo dog" that he is, is proving once again that a good pilot, given the proper training, can sleep through any crisis - or perhaps it was just the Margaritas.We had a great show at Reading, and I'll expand a bit on that in another post in a bit, but thanks again to our three able assistants, and to partener Bill Womack.To clarify one thing about the statements above, the MAAM KRDG scenery will actually be initially released on the CD with the FS9 Gmax R4D, then immediately thereafter as a free download. It is true that there is no definitive release date, but we are flapping as fast as we can. We'll try for "Turkey Day" for the R4D (the bird, not the nation), that's the end of November, but it all depends on the beta test results once the remaining tasks have been completed. The BT patch should be ready and up very soon.CheersBill RambowMAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Hamblyhttp://www.cambridgeflyingclub.com/images/timavatar2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest IanP

I will get you back for that, Mister Rambow... Oh yes I will... :-hahHi Ken, nice to have met you at last! I'll put up my own shots from the Conference at some point, but have to recover WinXP first. Unfortunately I have just installed a CH Products driver that has totally zonked Windows XP... This'll be the second computer I have rescued from death's door since I got home. Yeesh, ain't it fun, this simming lark. ;-)Ian P.:-halo

Guest Javis

" The Three Stooges Go Are For Dee! " Promising clip ! Thought they'd packed it in, great to see the're still alive and kicking ! :-jumpy Can't wait to see this new movie ! Will it be on the R4D CD ?? :-hahHey Ian, thought you'd said you were the only member of the team who hasn't been guzzling beer non stop since the trip started.... :-beerchug (-: Jan :+

Hi there,does anybody know a definitive release date of the eagerly awaited GMax R4D and where to order/download the bird?Greetings from Germany, Thomas.

Guest IanP

While some of us were grinning like a looney and wishing we had a headset to get a clue what was coming next. ;-)Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the Stearman ride, where I think a few more rides and a couple of briefings would help to give me some confidence with the baseball bat, er, stick! :-hahIan P.:-halo

Guest jgpullensr

I know what I'm putting on the top of my Christmas list to "Santa." Going to leave lots of subtle hints, too. (ya, right.) :-wink2 Jim

Uh, yeah. I was a little on edge too after that wing-over :-grnmd -- I just kept telling myself must....not....ruin....Russ'....beautiful....plane.... ugh. Thankfully didn't have to clean the floormats. Naturally, now that I'm back on the ground it was a great flight! It's one thing to be up front and see the earth begin to turn under you. It's quite another to wonder why you are suddenly stuck to the side of the fuselage and look out the waist gunner's window to see nothing but ground! Not only my first ride in a WWII-era bird, but my first high-G turn as well!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit