Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

A couple of flight videos I made...

Todd, How do you capture your videos? Output to VHS then encode it back on the PC?Thanks,

Guest ZLA_JY

Hey Todd, After having made some videos for a few VA's, I really like your work! Keep at it and will be expecting to see any new ones you make. =)

Thanks for the comments! Its actually very difficult for me to record the videos. I use fraps (fraps.com) to record and virtualdub to compress and windows movie maker to edit and final compress. The recording itself isnt all that fun... I have to run the sim at 1/4 speed plus when fraps is recording the framerates drop to about 3 or 4 fps. imagine how slow that is... lol. I'm not going to be making a whole ton but I'll probably make one or two occaisionally when i have the patience :)

What do you need to play wmv files. All I get is a screen full ofthe file in numbers?JimCYWG

Actually, you don't need WMP 9 as version 8 works just fine.

Guest outtatimeiii

I tried this sort of thing before, but my comp dont have enough horsepower under the hood to capture while FS2002 is running. Looks like you had this problem too LOL had to compensate by running 1/4 speed LOL. If i just had a VCR in my room i could record to tape, and play it back to the computer in realtime.

Guest ZLA_JY

I highly recommend something like capturing to your VCR or camcorder or connecting to another computer. To see what a VCR capture would look like, check my site out if you'd like. My Videos

Yeah I'm quite seriously thinking about getting a firewire card... theres a few other things I wanna get too but a firewire card is one of them.