Sign in to follow this  
Guest tgabriel

R4D - DC-3 Progress Report

Guest tgabriel

Hi Bill and everyone else at MAAMSim,Happy New Year to all of you!!From the look of the work you have posted, you have an absolutely magnificent bird on your hands. It is well worth the wait. Is this beauty going to be compatible with fs2k2? I hope so because a new computer to run 2k4 is not an option now. If not, I will just have to admire the screenshots aplenty that will be posted when you do let it out of the hangar...Take care and have a safe, happy New Year...

Hi Bill,Is this update strictly for FS9 ?Jack

Guest crazyh

Sure do want to buy the CD and fly your R4D. The plane looks fabulous both in civilian and Mil paint. It was mentioned that work is in progress on the panels for the civilian model. Will there be a big difference between the R4D and civ panels? The 2D panels look just great!!

Guest product

Great work, I look forward to this one!Any chance there might be window glass / reflections seen from the VC? I think the "holes" shown in the screenshots detract from the incredible realism of all the texture work you've shown in the cockpit.Best,Joel

Wow, awesome shots, looks very , very nice!! Since I rarely use a 2D panel, I hope the VC will look as nice as the pics above. Will the entire compartment be modeled or just the cockpit??Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VACougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation[link:www.cgrmthelos.com]Cougar Mountain Helicopters

Best, Michael

KDFW

WOW, I have to say thats about the nicest looking panel I have seen so far. I think the bar has been raised a notch.Andrew

looks like a very stunning piece of work there! :D the panel looks exceptional!Cheers,

Guest Javis

>Any chance there might be window glass / reflections seen from>the VC? I think the "holes" shown in the screenshots detract>from the incredible realism of all the texture work you've>shown in the cockpit.Joel, you're looking at the 2D cockpit here.AFAIK no 'glass reflections' possible here at this time. For screenshots of the VC go here : http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/photos/spe...screenshots.htmScroll down to the last 5 screenshots, if that ain't glass reflection i'll eat my MAAM cap. (-:best regards,Jan

Guest Javis

>Wow, awesome shots, looks very , very nice!! Since I rarely>use a 2D panel, I hope the VC will look as nice as the pics>above. Will the entire compartment be modeled or just the>cockpit??Michael, just fly overhere :http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/photos/spe...screenshots.htmDon't mind the visual model screenies, the're rather old already. The VC, including radio/bagage compartiment and cabin is about what you're gonna get although that'll be updated to some extend as well.best regards,Jan

Guest foreigndevil

You guys at the MAAM are so cruel!!! WE still have to wait for such a long time! These pictures are awesome. I like the default DC-3 but this is incredible! This is not a simulation, this must be the real thing! :-jumpy

IMO you can continue to give me your best guess as to when to expect completion of any of your masterpieces. I've picked up everything you've offered so far and am more than happy without exception. The anticipation is half the fun ... the waiting is comparatively easy ... it's you folks doing all the heavy lifting. Best of the New Year. :-jumpy Gary

Guest Andreu

According to the photos, this will be a "wide-body" DC3 :-)What, four seats in a row instead of the usual three?Andreu

Guest JonP01

Looking great. I am very discerning when it comes to add-ons, but this sort of stuff well and truly exceeds the grade.Just a couple of questions. How will the sounds compare to the default DC3? The defaults sound a bit too tinny, metallic and lacking in low frequency oompf on my setup. The other question is will you have any option to not install any of the virtual views including the cockpit?(I personally still prefer 2D views and 2D cockpit).

Guest tgabriel

I can tell you based on my experience with the original version that I have been flying since last summer that the sound is truly authentic. From what I have seen on the MAAMSim website, they have improved it yet again.