Sign in to follow this  
w4fej

MAAM still in business??

What's up guys? I haven't seen ANYTHING posted in weeks. The R4D still going to be released or what?? Mike B.

No fear - we're still here. In fact, things are about to go into high spped as I just received the new flight model from Rob and as soon as Jan updates the aircraft.cfg with a few items from his end we'll be starting full-bore beta testing.I'll be putting out a press release in the near future which will announce the official release date far and wide. That's no secret to frequenters of this forum, of course. As I said in an earlier post, it's June 4 at MAAM's World War II Weekend. I hope to have the CD ready a bit earlier than that, and if I do I will certainly start selling it even before the show. But there are still a thousand things left for me to do before I can pack up the Mobile MAAM-SIM HQ and head for Reading in June, so no firm promises on that. We'll try like heck, though. I'll announce any pre-order plans if we decide to go that route.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, and Womackhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Shayt

Great news!!Thanks for all the efforts.Shay

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Take your time and do it right. You guys are super. No wine -- before it's time. Been planning the next trip around the world only this time in comfort. Well, not exactly comfort. But then the Dakota has got to be more comfortable than the B-25, me thinks. Maybe the ringing in the ears will be less. Sure is a lot better than a multi-ton dog whisle.Was just a little kid the first time I think they let me ride on one of these. Trying to remember. Hurry up and help me remember. Frenchy --out.

thumpa, thumpa, thumpa (fingers thumping on desktop...waiting...waiting....)Longest beta test I've ever seen...We'll be into a new flight sim version soon...

Hmmm, since beta testing didn't actually start until last night...We have been in development all this time and I just sent the first real beta out to the team about twelve hours ago. Prior to this we were looking at the physical model - mostly finished - and the panels, gauges, and controls - 99% finished. But the flight model we had was only a very preliminary one based on the old R4D and not worhty of testing, being most unsatisfactory in FS2004. What we now have is a from-the-ground-up new FD and it is a vast improvement, I am happy to report.Busy days ahead, yet, but World War II Weekend is very much a fixed date and approaching all too rapidly for us, if not for you.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, and Womackhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Gert, Yup, that's the plan. We expect to have a ton of stuff for a DC-3 MM CD. It won't be immediately available, as we have to concentrate on the R4D / DC-3 package itself, but I already have a lot of material for it.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Sodjahttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest ftimm

DON'T RUSH IT!!I have long since given up on the Thanksgiving release date.I am now looking forward to WWII weekend (release date?), since Christmas I seem to have developed a lot more patience knowing the outcome will be worth the wait. As said in a previous post, don't skimp on the sound! love the sound of those R-1830's cranked!P.S. any chance of putting in the smell of 100 octane and oil (ha ha).

Guest Edd1

I flew in Goonies in the early 50's, training as an ECM operator for B-29's. I had a different feeling for them at that time and flown in them since. Now they are my favorite sim plane (2002) and hopefully this one will be in FS 9. I have the R4D-6 and waiting patiently for the new version. Many thanks to all who contributed. Ed Workman

Guest ftimm

Hey Bill,Just had a horrible thought in remembering another post.I am running FS 2K2. At the time 2K4 (aka fs9) came out I couldn't see the price for eye candy. I generally skip a generation anyway.The R4D WILL be in 2K2 format I hope? As I plan on hanging on to 2K2 for a while. Thanks,

Guest TWVA395

I don't fear! MAAM is here! Bill, mind if I stop by at WWII Weekend again? Last year was awesome. Mr. Womack and Mr. Weik still have some work to be done, he might deny it, but he can't avoid it. :( Look forward to working with you again soon.:-jumpyCheck out my work: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...Weik&CatID=Root------------------Kenneth Weikwww.fly-twva.comkwsqd@comcast.net------------------