Sign in to follow this  

Have every flight professionally dispatch...

Hi guys,I'm considering starting up a website where subscribers can sign up for a "dispatching service". This service includes a flight plan, weight and balance sheet (and an aircraft.cfg to reflect), weather briefing and other documents depending on which format the user chooses. Basically, you go to the website and put in a request for a flight, including the time you plan to depart, aircraft used, etc. Then your dispatch release arrives via email 2 hours prior to departure (can be earlier or later depending on user's prefs, current demand, etc. but would never be less then 1hr before scheduled departure). The user can also log into a chat room and receive a "face-to-face" briefing from the dispatcher, who will relay any operational information, planned conditions en-route, etc. The amount of data provided is up to the users, ranging from a simple flight plan based on current wx (or any wx the users provides) to a full dispatch release with everything a real airline pilot would receive before flight. It's up to the user how "real" they want to get.There will be several document formats to choose from, initially I will be offering the following:United Airlines (AFPAM)America West Airlines (two availble, Short and Regular format, based on trip length)Lufthansa's LIDO format (used by UPS and several other US airlines)Other formats may become available as time permits, but those will be available right away. The website will include guides on how to decode each format. In addition, if the user wishes to fly online, he can communicate with the dispatcher while en-route. The dispatcher will pass along wx updates, changes to the release, and updated gate information, just like in the real world. The flight plans will be generated using real world data and will reflect actual conditions (or the conditions the user specifies). The actual routes filed that day by aircraft on the same route will be used and if you choose to be communicate with the dispatcher en-route any changes the real flight receives (i.e. direct to a waypoint further down the route) will be passed along real time. For the time being only US domestic FAR 121 operations will be offered. International dispatch will be availble, but there will be a required minimum time before departure to submit the request. Hawaii and Alaska are considered "domestic" for this service. Expansion to commuter flights may be offered in the future. Some aircraft may not be available due to lack of data, but I will try to offer the widest variety possible (most large transport category aircraft will be covered). General Aviation dispatching is availble at the user's request and I will use the most current and complete data I can get for that particular aircraft, or data provided by the user.Due to the immense amount of time and energy this undertaking would require, I would have to ask users to pay a monthy subscription fee of $5 (subject to change based on demand, but I don't see it getting any higher then $10, and I doubt it would ever be that high). User's who pay for more then one month (30 days from the time payment is received) in advance will receive a discount. The actual money part of this is still being worked out, but initially I anticipate that check or money orders will be accepted, with CC or PayPal arrangements coming online asap. What I want to know is, how many of you would be interested in such a service? Any additions, deletions, changes, etc. you can suggest would also be helpful. What do you think guys?Thanks,Joe

Hi Joe,Your idea sounds great in general, but wouldn't it be a bit difficult to implement? I mean the part about the online dispatch service with inflight guidance. If somebody (for example you) is willing and able to be on call by his computer for only 5 $ / month fees, I'll give them my hat off. I believe a real dispatcher gets a slightly better salary than that =)BTW, there is already a similar service available (without the online guidance option) at http://www.pmflightplanner.comFree registration, complete flightplans and briefing packages with current real world w/x info and notams, full weight and fuel calculations and company routes. Briefing packs immediatly available (rtf format) for download with up to 29 airline templates (mostly european). Check it out!Anyway, if a service like that could be available, it would be a big step in the online flying world so the idea is good.Regards,JET 1

I've tried using pmflightplanner.com, but always have problems with it. First of all, it does not create 767PIC format plans like FSbuild. Second, it does not have any american flightplan forms. Third, it does not have a very comprehensive route database. If you can tackle any of those issues, I'm sure your site will be top-notch. Also, watch out for FSBUILD 2.0... it will include many of the features you mentioned, except for US Airline flightplans, and current weather info. Good luck with your project!Sincerely,Phil Geddes