Hey, I just ordered my copy of the R4D/DC-3 and was wondering if there is a paint kit available for it or one in the works maybe. Thanks,

In the works, Eric. The MAAM-SIM ladies being partly photoreal, it will not be a paintkit in the true sense of the word i.e. with blank surfaces, layered rivets, layered dirt, that sort of thing; rather, it will be a set of semi-finished base templates on which you can create your own layers to construct your own final texture bitmaps.If you downloaded, by any chance, my set of templates for the default DC-3, then you'll have an idea of what I mean. There've been over 150 repaints of the default lady using that set, so hopefully the same format is what people will be happy with here too.It'll be simple to use and hopefully won't put off first timers, and yet will offer the ability for proficient painters to do a really good job. Need to keep any new paints up to Visser quality, now, don't we?!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for the quick reply... looking forward to being able to slap some paint on that baby... ok, maybe "slap" isn't the right word ;) lol.

Guest ogeva

Any estimation as to when will it be released?Or should I start working on my planned projects with what I have (Original textures)?

Hey, just got my plane last night. I have to say, I am really impressed with the ground handling. I have my Saitek X-45 set up to where I have the differential brakes assigned to the two trigger buttons on the joystick and it works really well. Now I just have to wait yet again for that ugly amphibious model ;).Great work guys!!

Guest ogeva

>Any estimation as to when will it be released?>Or should I start working on my planned projects with what I>have (Original textures)?>I have started painting my own birds, but I am having some tough times getting the textures from under where the original bird has markings to be bare on my repaint.Is there any estimation as to when will the repaint kit's be released?

Patience, ogeva, it's summer! The birds are twitting, the twits are birding, and the beaches are covered with bikinis.On its way. If you are having difficulties as you describe, I should certainly wait a couple of weeks before tearing your hair out. You'll have bare metal and 'white top' base templates for both the pax and cargo birds, which I'm sure will overcome the problems you have now. Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest ogeva

I know my problems will be solved with you paintkit!I used your default FS9 Paintkits to create my Arkia DC3 (pictures here: http://www.vatil.org/vatil/board/viewtopic.php?t=1563), so I am looking forward for the birds and the twits to sit down on a tree, and look skywards in amazment as beautiful birds from the past soar over them!Sorry, Mark, but Patience isn't my strongest virtue! I do appreciate your contribution and dedication thogh!Cheers!Oren