Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chummy

Briefing Time doesn't appear among Aircraft Selections

Guest Chummy

Finally having the opportunity to install FS9, my files and add-ons onto our new PC, I installed last night my CD-copy of Briefing Time, along with the FS9 compatible file and a few variants found on the web. Briefing Time always worked superbly on my old PC and I was very much looking forward to the day I could again fly her.What I found, however, is that none of these appeared in the FS9 list of aircraft available for flight; on the other hand, my R4D/DC3 (FS2004 CD version) was among those that appeared.I looked under "North American", but nothing.Did I miss something? The installations were successful and all of the folders appear in the Aircraft branch of FS9 when viewing with Windows Explorer.Thanks in advance for your assistance!Chummy

Did you make sure that when you reinstalled BT that you directed the main installation to your main FS9 folder? I believe that the cd version .exe file defaults to FS2002.

Guest Chummy

Hi, Eric --Yep, I caught that, and the folders and files therein do appear in the FS2004 Aircrafts folder. It's only when selecting Aircraft from within the app that these aircraft do not appear among those available.Chummy

Chummy, I believe you made an error in the installation process. The BT folder being present in the FS9 Aircraft Folder is not enough to make it appear in the menu if the other files, such as gauges, sounds, etc. from the original FS2002 CD install are not present in FS9. You must intall the FS2002 version on the CD, hand editing the installation path at the appropriate prompt, to match your individual FS9 directory. Then, and only then, can you install the FS9 upgrade patch over the top of this base installation.Start over and re-install everything, taking care to direct the path properly and you should find BT where she is supposed to be. Also, before installing any repaints, the bare metal version, or the gunship, be sure the base BT aircraft is there and functioning. That way if something goes wrong when you install an add-on, you will know about where the problem lies. You have to be careful when you edit the aircraft.cfg for repaints, or everything will go AWOL on you - again.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, and Sodjahttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Chummy

I've got it now, Bill, thank you.Briefing Time did not appear at first, but I did find it without doing anything further; it was among the aircraft of those manufactured by North American, where it should be.The add-ons still did not appear, ie, the bare metal version and its variants. I found mention in one of the enclosed text files that the model folders were to be copied and pasted.Thanks, both for your reply, and for the great aircraft you and the others of MAAM-SIM created.