Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

DC-3 Repaint Templates released!

Guest danowat

Sounds interesting Ed, have you got a screenie to go with the description?.I would like to see what you have accomplished so farDan.

Guest Holliday

I am still fighting with it. I'll post pictures in few days. I am doing this repaint on the cargo version so I don't have to do the mix and match thing. The guy that requested it has waited long enough. The color does seem to be working out though.

Guest Holliday

Well I am dead in the water. There are some nasty mapping issues toward the tail that I can

Guest Holliday

Color applied to one part of the fuselage shows up above the rear door on the cargo model. I got around it by switching my repaint to the R4D, which means I had to make my own blanks using the mix and match method as well as other tricks. I am working again so it was only a bump in the road. I thought I was done for.

As Winston Churchill said, "Never ever give up". Here, have another cigar.Colour, eh? Rear door, eh? If you can pin this down for us that would be helpful. There are other models on their way and if this is something that needs to be sorted, now's the time to discuss such things. Right, Mr. Visser?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Holliday

I know that was vague. I

Guest NC_Rotorhead

Good Morning All,I wanted to check the textures in FS9 before doing my thing on them. The result is that the rear fuselage shows up "differently" and distinctly in FS9. It does not "Blend" in with the forward section.I took a BMP into PS and mated the corresponding alpha layer to it and resaved the BMP and took it to the Aircraft folders. Upon running, the rear fuselage either has too much shine, or not enough (I'm not sure which) as it shows up distinctly. All the BMPs have the alpha layers incorporated.Using the "fuse 1 (and 2) bare metal clean" (and the alpha).I'm doing something stupid or not doing something here. Any ideas?RegardsSteve H

Hi Steve<<>>Sorry to be slow in replying to you, busy weekend ...I have just tested this myself and don't see the problem you describe. That said, it is impossible to know how textures are perceived on the myriad video cards out there today and, indeed, how particular you are being here; but you do say that it shows up 'differently and distinctly'. That says to me that you MUST be missing an alpha there or something.Perhaps check the alpha layers one more time? The grey should be set to 221 on both fuse 1 and fuse 2. I originally had them at 204, which I liked personally to give more reflectivity on the bare metal, but we chose to finalise on 221. You can change this at will, of course. If you really find that you have a particular problem, you could always try recolouring or lightening/darkening the rear bitmap yourself. But that shouldn't be necessary, I think.Let us know how you get on.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumontfor MAAM-SIMhttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Holliday

What a nightmare. Why I promise people things I'll never know. Here is a shot of the AACS repaint. Not done, but close enough for a look. There are a few details to add yet.http://www.edknapp.net/sim/aacs.jpg

Guest NC_Rotorhead

Mark,Thanks for the reply. Not late at all....took me a while to check in. :-)I went back to the PSD's and checked....yes, the value of the alpha shade was different. I changed that and recompiled. That fixed most of it. I may do some tweaking on it anyway. I figured that it was an Alpha issue. I was surprised to find different shades...It's always interesting to troubleshoot these kinds of issues.I'll let you know how the tweaking goes.Thanks again Mark.Steve

Guest NC_Rotorhead

Hey HolidayNice job.....on an interesting paint job.RegardsSteve

Guest Holliday

Yeah the top rear fuse was tough. You know how textures distort when they get near curves. And that was the same spot with the mapping weirdness on the cargo version. You see where the red curves up on the rear fuselage. On the cargo version the red would also show right above the rear door. Odd, but just one of those things. On the R4D there is a spot right in front of the roundel you see in the red that isn