Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dangerous Beans

R4D landing lights

Guest Dangerous Beans

My first post here and Id like to start out saying that the R4D/DC-3 is excellent and flies like a dream.One small problem I'm having is that I cant see the landing lights from the VC in the medium model, I can see them from the 2D panel and they work fine in the full model.I realise this may be a side effect of not having the wings modelled in the medium VC as thats where they are mounted but would it be possible in any future updates to add them ?

Guest Dangerous Beans

Bump before it disappears off the bottom of the page.Any comment at all on this ?

Guest Javis

Nah, Mr.Beans tells it like it is ! Must shamefully admit i totally forgat about that. But hey,DB, afaik it seems you're the first one to actually *use* the medium VC... In fact, with the forthcoming DC-3 variants we decided to abandon the medium VC due to 'seemingly' lack of interest. It is a bit more work for me and it will also lessen the download file size if we leave it out. Let me know which model you'd like to have the LL back on in the medium VC and i'll arrange something.Jan

Guest Dangerous Beans

Iv mostly been flying in the medium VC without yoke, partly to save frame-rate and partly because I already have a yoke in front of my monitor.I am surprised that no one else is using the medium VC, might be a case of they are but haven't mentioned it for whatever reason.Maybe you could have a poll on here about it.

Well, I'll jump in... I use the medium VC (without yoke) almost exclusively... I just don't use landing lights. :)Like Mr. Beans, I also have a yoke mounted in front of my monitor. In fact, I've often thought that it would be nice to have the same yoke removal option in MAAM's B-25. Monitoring altitude and VS can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.Regardless, this is a nitpick, and there is no better sim than MAAM's R4D and B-25. I just count myself fortunate to have access to such magnificent simulations.Regards,Ken