Sign in to follow this  
Guest ogeva

C47 flight - Sde Dov to Eilat - pictorial

Guest ogeva

Thanks,I was using Activesky 2004 for weather, default or even SB weather won't produce these cloud formations...

Guest ogeva

The real machine has double cargo doors, so I thought I will wait for the C47 model...Can you estimate how long is it until it is released?If it's still some time ahead of us, I am willing to release as is, if there is demand...Waiting for your feedback.

bevakasha Oren!!!(please Oren)hamatos mamash madim, ani rotse oto!!(the bird is really nice, i want it!!)toda al hatmunot hayafot(thanks for the superb pics)tisa naima(good flight)David:-cool

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest ogeva

Oh well,I will upload it to the major sites as is, and tune it when the C47 version is out.Since I am the first to release a repaint (other than Mark, of course) please see my planed readme and tell me if this works for MAAM - I tried to follow the guidelines in the manual plus took some from Mark's read e for the DCA repaints...Here it goes:FS2004/FS2002 'Arkia' livery for the M.A.A.M. R4D-6-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This freeware download includes a repaint for the 4X-AES C-47 Aircraft stationed in Eilat Airport, Israel.File name: MC47AZ_1.ZIP________________________________________FEATURES:This texture is specifically for use with the GMAX FS2004/FS2002 model released by Mid-Atlantic Air Museum Simulations (MAAM-SIM) in June 2004. It will not work with the default aircraft, or with any previous versions of the MAAM-SIM product. The base aircraft models can be operated in either FS2004 or FS2002, although please note that some of the design features are non-operational in the earlier sim. The MAAM-SIM GMAX FS2004/FS2002 aircraft, released on the anniversary of D-Day, June 6, 2004, are sold in support of the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's activities in Reading, PA. These include the intended re-engining of the Museum's famous Douglas R4D-6 50819, around which this project was originally conceived several versions ago. Priced at $30 and sent anywhere in the world for $4.95, the MAAM-SIM CD product includes three base aircraft models and a wealth of supporting documentation. In addition to the R4D-6, the CD offers a commercial DC-3A in both passenger and cargo configurations. The R4D-6 flight dynamics are based on that aircraft's powerful Pratt & Whitney 1830-94 1350HP engines, whereas the DC-3A models use dynamics for the more common 1200HP 1830-92s. All aircraft are four-tankers.The base package on CD is available from www.maam.org.This Livery is based on the R4D-6 model. The MAAM R4D-6 model has a port side passenger door, whereas the real machine is a C47 with a Port side Double Cargo door. I am releasing this repaint due to requests by users who have seen previews of this repaint, but it is not the final version.If and When MAAM will release the C-47 with double cargo doors model I will adapt this repaint to the more accurate model plus add pilot's uniform and interior paintings.To operate this aircraft, refer to the User's Manual with instructional videos on the MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 CD as well as the detailed kneeboard reference pages and checklists. Additional manuals and reference materials may be obtained on the MAAM DC-3 Multi-Media CD from www.maam.org.About the aircraft:4X-AES did not serve Arkia in the 50's. It was delivered to the USAAF in January 9th 1943, and later to the RAF. After WWII it served a few civilian airliners (BOAC, Westair) and was purchaced by the IAF in 1950 as 4X-FAG. The plane was loaned to Uganda, and returned to Israel to serve the IAI and 'Netivei Neft' Oil Co in the early 70's. It was returned to the IAF as aircraft number 040 and served until 2001 when it was sold to Arkia to serve as a 'Model' in Eilat Holzman Airport (LLET) in memory of the C-47 that hauled passengers for Tel Aviv to Eilat during the 50's and 60's.________________________________________INSTALLATION OF THESE TEXTURES:Before installing, please ensure that you have correctly installed the base aircraft as per the instructions in the MAAM-SIM installer.Then:1. Unzip MC47AZ_1.ZIP to a temporary folder, retaining folder names. 2. Within your download, look for the folder 'texture.arkia'. Simply move this texture folder to the 'MAAM-SIM R4D-6' folder found within your Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT directory. If you are using FS2002, this folder will be found within FS2002/AIRCRAFT.3. Now you must add appropriate [flightsim.xx] entries to the AIRCRAFT.CFG file within that base folder, in order that your new aircraft will be recognised. Back up the file first if you are not familiar with this process. You can use these entries for regular and medium versions:[fltsim.xx]title=C47 ARKIA Regularsim=MaamSim_R4Dmodel=panel=sound=texture=arkiakb_checklists=checkloaderkb_reference=R4D_refatc_id=Arkia 001ui_manufacturer=Douglasui_type=MAAM-SIM C-47 Arkiaui_variation=Arkia C-47atc_heavy=0atc_airline=Arkiaatc_flight_number=001description=Douglas C-47 Transport. 4X-AES did not serve Arkia in the 50's. It was delivered to the USAAF in January 9th 1943, and later to the RAF. After WWII it served a few civilian airliners (BOAC, Westair) and was purchaced by the IAF in 1950 as 4X-FAG. The plane was loaned to Uganda, and returned to Israel to serve the IAI and 'Netivei Neft' Oil Co in the early 70's. It was returned to the IAF as aircraft number 040 and served until 2001 when it was sold to Arkia to serve as a 'Model' in Eilat Holzman Airport (LLET) in memory of the C-47 that hauled passengers for Tel Aviv to Eilat during the 50's and 60's.[fltsim.xx]title=C47 ARKIA mediumsim=MaamSim_R4Dmodel=mpanel=sound=texture=arkiakb_checklists=checkloaderkb_reference=R4D_refatc_id=Arkia 001ui_manufacturer=Douglasui_type=MAAM-SIM C-47 Arkiaui_variation=Arkia C-47 - Medium VCatc_heavy=0atc_airline=Arkiaatc_flight_number=001description=Douglas C-47 Transport. 4X-AES did not serve Arkia in the 50's. It was delivered to the USAAF in January 9th 1943, and later to the RAF. After WWII it served a few civilian airliners (BOAC, Westair) and was purchaced by the IAF in 1950 as 4X-FAG. The plane was loaned to Uganda, and returned to Israel to serve the IAI and 'Netivei Neft' Oil Co in the early 70's. It was returned to the IAF as aircraft number 040 and served until 2001 when it was sold to Arkia to serve as a 'Model' in Eilat Holzman Airport (LLET) in memory of the C-47 that hauled passengers for Tel Aviv to Eilat during the 50's and 60's.4. Be sure to number the [flightsim.xx] lines sequentially for each of these new aircraft entries. For example, if you have previously added no other texture sets to the base model installation, the first entry you make should be listed as [flightsim.2], the next [flightsim.3] etc. Check this carefully, then save the file.5. Start the sim. Your new aircraft will appear in the Aircraft Selection Menu under "Douglas", "MAAM-SIM C-47 Arkia". Go flying!________________________________________Special thanks to Jan Visser and MAAM-SIM for the great model and to Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont, Vice President Fleet, DC-3 Airways for his paint kit. ______________________________________The Author of this package cannot be held responsible for any damage cause by installation on your system. These files are provided as is, and no support is provided.September 12th, 2004.Oren Gevaoren@gevahim.com

Guest ogeva

Actually it meems I took ALOT from Mark's readme.I hope this is OK...Oren Geva

The whole idea of supplying a README template in my repaint kit is that people DO take from my README, Oren! Don't worry about that, it's the whole idea! If people do that, we will hopefully see a standardisation of documentation in all forthcoming paints which will make it easier for downloaders to install liveries and will ensure that they always see the correct credits and legal bit about what can and cannot be uploaded.That said, I have to say that my own view would be that you should WAIT until the C-47 version is released. I know you are impatient, but it will not be long, and to release an inaccurate model instead will rather diminish the quality of your work in my view. Just my two cents!Meanwhile, I did notice you might want to tidy up the join of the cheatline on the starboard side between the two fuselage halves; so get on with that, and by the time you've finished I'm sure Jan will have your model ready for you!Then, of course, you may have to tweak things all over again ... but it is worth waiting, I think. Ed Knapp has already released a repaint of a MATS aircraft, but that was accurately modelled on the R4D base; he is waiting, also, for the C-47 style to release his Danair and other paints I think.As I am. "Betsy" will not be long coming when that version is released.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Holliday

I am waiting for the C-47. I am working on a couple things other than the Dan-Air so I will have them ready when the time comes.I hate the documentation part of this hobby. Can

Good man, Ed. MAAM-SIM's greatest fear, clearly, is that some drongo goes and uploads a complete model in error when uploading a repaint - it happened once that I know of with the FS2002 model - so the more often MAAM-SIM's "rules" on that issue are quoted, the better.You know what would happen: the indiscriminate virtual looters would grab it and have it circulating the Internet between their buddies faster than you could say "Gear Up" .... and the MAAM museum would suffer accordingly.So perhaps worthy supporters like yourself and Oren would consider yourselves part of the MAAM-SIM Virtual Police! If you should see such a mistake, or clumsiness, anywhere before we do, please email Bill Rambow immediately (don't post here, that could make things worse!) and let him know, so that he can get any respective web master to remove it pronto, and write to the author to get him to correct the error.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest ogeva

Sure thing.BTW. I think I will wait. It is not nme who is impatient but some people who read that post in the VATSIM forum...

Well, let's wait :-cool I am sure it will be worth it.thanks anyway Oren

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.