Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glenn

DC 3

Guest Glenn

Well, since I've been known to have a "few connections" to that Banting fellow, and since I have got a bit of PIC time on radial engined machines, I figured I'd better finally break down and buy your DC 3/R4D. What a GREAT airplane!!! You guys really did a bang-up jo... er, maybe "bang-up" isn't the best phrase when describing an airplane, so let's go with TERRIFC job on this machine! Me-thinks I'll be spending a lot of time in her in some fairly remote regions of the country judging from the flights I've taken so far. So far, it's just been the ferry/familiarization flight from Reading to Waterdown and in to Peterborough (Ontario) for a repaint, then it will be off to the north or east country for some serious work. I think one of the things I love the most, believe it or not, is the ground handling. It's typical tail-dragger stuff with amazing control on where you can put that machine. The flight dynamics are equally as good as are the period gauges. Really nice stuff!There are 2 minor issues that I found I wasn't thrilled with, one being the gear sound defaults to the default 737 gear sound, which just isn't right for this machine, and second the fact that there are no wing views in the medium-vc panel version (and maybe no landing lights visible from the VC?). Other than that, this machine has got to be one of, if not THE favourite in my stable.One last thing, and I know you've harped on this yourselves, but I'd like to reiterate it - READ THE MANUAL!! It's fun, informative, and you get a LOT of very useful info out of it. I enjoyed the videos equally as well.Thanks guys for a job well done. And, say HI to that Banting fellow for me, will ya? It's been too long since we've chatted ;) Glenn

Well hi yourself Glenn.Actually I have been trying to het hold of you for a while with no luck. I left a message with MK at Aerosoft for you but I guess he never passed it on.I'm not too anxious to post my address here but if you have my old one just change it to sympatico.CheersFred

Guest Glenn

Hey Fred,I'll drop you a line tomorrow sometime (phone). Don't have your old address so I'm out of luck there. If I can't get your number, then I'll post a useable address to get me by here. Good hearin' from you :-).Glenn