Sign in to follow this  
Guest guitarspree

Throttle Problem In MAAM Briefing Time

Guest guitarspree

I cannot get separate throttles in MAAM Briefing Time. First I cannot use engine no 2 separately with my joystick by using the keyboard shortcut E + 2. I can get engine number 1 by using the keyboard shortcut E+1. But then I cannot get the two throttles to work together again by using the keyboard shortcut E+1+2 after I have separated engine number 1 throttle by using the keyboard shortcut E+1. The keyboard shortcuts work fine with all the Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 Default Aircraft and also with MAAM R4D / DC-3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. Could Some please tell me how to fix this problem.Thanks,

<<<>>>So what's the problem, geetar man?This forum is all about the MAAM-SIM aircraft. So if the "MAAM R4D / DC-3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004" is working fine for you, as you state above, maybe your post should go elsewhere with specific reference to what aircraft you are having problems with?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest guitarspree

I cannot get separate throttles in MAAM Briefing Time. First I cannot use engine no 2 separately with my joystick by using the keyboard shortcut E + 2. I can get engine number 1 by using the keyboard shortcut E+1. But then I cannot get the two throttles to work together again by using the keyboard shortcut E+1+2 after I have separated engine number 1 throttle by using the keyboard shortcut E+1. The keyboard shortcuts work fine with all the Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 Default Aircraft and also with MAAM R4D / DC-3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. Could Some please tell me how to fix this problem.Thanks,

Duhhhh.... I must not reply to posts late at night. I must not reply to posts late at night. I must not reply to posts late at night.I missed the fact that you were referring to 'Briefing Time' and ... off the top of my head, have no answer for you. But hereby, apologies for trying to send you off elsewhere.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hi guitarspreeI sometimes see a conflict between my throttle lever on the CH Flightsim Yoke and mouse dragging a single throttle. It does not always happen, but when it does, I find I have to start differential throttle jockeying from idle throttle, then advance the desired lever with the mouse. Trying to retard a single throttle "against the advanced lever's input does not work, sometimes. The throttle may come back briefly, but then jumps back up to its original position. It seems to happen when the yokes throttle lever gets a jiggle, maybe even vibration.To prove this is a conflict issue, all you have to do is disable the control device and do it with the mouse or keys. I'll bet you have no problems, then. The best I can tell you to do is experiment. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest guitarspree

Hi,I disconnected the joystick and this did not fix the problem. I still could not get separate contol of the throttles. The only throttle that works is the engine number 1. And if I use E+1 or E+2 the end result is the same only throttle engine number 1 works and engine number 2 will not work at all. I cannot get the engines number 1 and 2 to work together even by pressing E+1+2 on the keyboard this situation is the same if the joystick is connected or disconnected from the computer. The only way I can get the two throttles to work together is reload the simulator. I then can get separate or together contol of the throttles with the mouse. But if I use the keyboard short cut for separate throttles it no longer works and to restore separate throttles I have to reload the sim again. I have one final question. when I am in anyone of the views such as cockpit or spot plane and I bring up (views/instrument panel/quandrant} the throttle quadrant I can move the quadrant vertically up and down in the simulator window, but not horizontally left or right this makes it hard to use separate throttles in spot plane view since the throttle quadrant is situated in the bottom and center of the screen and the only way I can move it is up and down. This makes it difficult to see the aircraft in spot plane view. And thatI cannot use the keyboard for separate throttles. Any help anyone can offer is deeply appreciated.Thanks,

Hi Guitarspree,If its of any use, this problem also exists on the Flight1 Cessna 441, for which I was a Beta tester. For many users, once the throttles had been selected individually only Throttle 1 would work and they couldn't be re-synched via the keyboard. To get them to work together the only alternative to re-loading the sim is to assign a hot-key within FSUIPC (registered versions) to do this, which does solve the problem.As to the cause ? Best guess is "something in the coding" that doesn't quite mesh with the default MSFS way of doing things.Cheers,Alastair

Guest guitarspree

Hi Alastair,That is the conclusion I drew early today. I assigned by throttles to keys on the keyboard using FSUIPC (registered version) and I could move the throttles to increase and decrease engine power separately and I could use the F1 thru F4 keys to move the throttles together or just use the throttle lever on my joy stick. The only thing is that you can no longer use the keyboard short cuts E1 0r E2 to control the default aircraft or any other ones that did work with these short cuts. The only way you can control all of them now is by using the keys that you assigned in FSUIPC. I also checked out the Flight One Cessna 441 your right it has the same problem so does Iron Kuckles DC9-30. I have addon aircraft like the Dreamfleet 310, Eaglesoft's Beech 400A and Primer 1 also MAAM R4D / DC-3 that do not have this problem. So if you could tell me how you went about assigning a hot-key within FSUIPC I would appreciate it. One more question I get an error message on my computer that I have two FSUIPC.dll in my modules folder and that I should delete one. It also mentions that I cannot only change the name of the duplcate file but that I need to get rid of one. Well I have never rename a file in the modules folder and I cannot find a duplicate FSUPIC.dll in my module folder. Also I only get this message once in a great while.Thanks for the help.

Try commenting out any newer gauges in your panel.cfg and see if that fixes it. You're describing a problem with some xml programming... namely a key is being hit repeatedly and automatically by a gauge, the problem being the gauge will be hitting that key again and again before you can type the E and then the 2, and thus breaks your sequence. If this is the case, another way to test for it is to try a turning pushback. If you can't do that either (the pushback just goes straight), your problem is very probably a mistake in a gauge.

Guest kennethg

Is there any way to identify a gauge that is doing this without commenting it out? I'm getting the same problem, but I've never re-gauged any of my panels, so it's coming from the default panel of one of my add-on airplanes. If it helps, I've noticed that re-loading the airplane seems to fix the problem, at least temporarily.Ken

You're going to save alot of time by commenting out gauges until you find it. (or comment them all out and add them in until you find it, or comment half of them out and narrow it down, etc). From what your describing (assuming it is a gauge causing your problem), you could _possibly_ figure it out. You now know it's one that hasn't met any conditions at the start of the flight. *grin*