Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Repainting Anomaly

Guest Heather 636

For any who have repainted the Cargo version, you may already be aware of this but I thought I would bring it to the attention of those who are not. This is something you will want to be aware of if you are planning a paint job that has different colors over the cargo door versus the area on the tail just to the rear of same doors.There is a raised section just over the top of these doors that, unfortunately, gets its colors from another area. This is fine if both areas are the same; not so fine otherwise.This link will provide a couple of screenshots showing what I speak of. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=23726&page=It

Yep, that's a known anomaly, Heather ... didn't show up until the repaints started appearing. Anyway, your BFU guys seem happy to live with it! Since most DC-3s flying are a collection of spares that happen to be in the same place, it's rather appropriate really!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Javis

Yes,sorry bout that,Heather, actually glad you didn't find more because there are.... :(Like Mark said, these anomalies started showing up only when repaints got going.Proved it wasn't a good choice to map the door ridge with the texture area behind it.Will be taken care of with future models.As for a temp solution for your lovely BFU repaint : why not establish 'the ending'of the fuselage dark red color like 'the beginning' i.e. in a rounded off way. You could extend the off white color maybe to as far as the hstab leading edge, and then 'round off' the dark red color as it runs along the vstab to, say, the beacon light atop the vstab. Something like this : http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91455.jpgThis way you can be sure the door ridge will not show any dark red.You could try playing with the colors of the logo ( f.i. invert the colors of two area's)to make make it more fit : http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/91457.jpgJust a crude scetch :+ Jan

Guest Heather 636

Thanks for the tips Jan. Yes, I thought of various "fixes" but for now, left well enough alone. This style I use for my BFU liveries has pretty much become my standard over time. I think it just caught me by surprise because you guys are so darned good!!You know it's YOU who got me started in all this. I always loved DC-3's and I absolutely adored the work you had done back in the FS2000 days that I wanted to emulate your skill. Now, 229 files later . . .Am I hooked or what!!??Remember this, and all the trouble I started when, in ignorance, I uploaded the entire aircraft package?http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...e&ImageID=13573Isn't it nice not to have to paint the reflections on anymore?Best wishes!!Heather

Guest Javis

>Thanks for the tips Jan. Yes, I thought of various "fixes">but for now, left well enough alone. This style I use for my>BFU liveries has pretty much become my standard over time. Sure,Heather, t'was but a thought.:-cool >I think it just caught me by surprise because you guys are so>darned good!!>>You know it's YOU who got me started in all this. I always>loved DC-3's and I absolutely adored the work you had done>back in the FS2000 days that I wanted to emulate your skill.>Now, 229 files later . . .Well,thank YOU, Ma'am! Appreciate that.Very glad to know i could be of some inspiration to you to get you started on this fine hobby of ours.You have developed a remarkable and unique style which shows a great dedication and a lotta fun you get out of it. That's what its all about,isn't it! >Am I hooked or what!!??Yep, told you that would happen! :(>Remember this, and all the trouble I started when, in>ignorance, I uploaded the entire aircraft package?>http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...e&ImageID=13573Heheh, Sure ! :D We all had to learn, Heather, no problem!>Isn't it nice not to have to paint the reflections on>anymore?Well, yes and no.... i actually loved to add some sun-glints and shadowing to my textures to put the icing on the cake. Either from photo's that i used or handpaint them. With the specular highlighting (and reflective textures) we have now that's indeed no use anymore, certainly not when it concerns sun-glints. I assume that if there was anybody that was eagerly awaiting specular highlighting to 'shine its light' in FS too ( it was already there in MSTS and some other sim games ) it was me. I'll never forget that it was the great Bill Lyons ( talk about inspiration!) who introduced the use of specular highlighting in FS. My jaw dropped to the floor when first i gazed at his marvelous Waco models.I started a topic in the GMax support forum about how exactly we were supposed to make it happen ( Bill kept pretty quiet about it for the moment ),i believe it became the longest thread in that forum ever.Still, pity we don't get to work with that spray can anymore,isn't it ! :+ >Best wishes!!And the best wishes to you too, Heather! Onwards to the next 229 files ! :-coolJan

Guest Edd1

This is the best looking paint job I have seen. It really looks great.Now, If we could only change the airline name?????????Edd1

Guest Heather 636

Change the name? Why?And what happens after November?Heather

I think they're making an election-related joke, Heather. :)As for the name, go here, folks, and all your questions are answered...http://bfu.avsim.net

Guest Edd1

Thanks Moose. No reflection on BUSH flying.Ed W

Guest Heather 636

Just finished painting this one for MAC.Had a heck of a time figuring out where you guys hid the hinges for the door!! Very sneaky!!I would have written Mark and just asked but it was in the wee hours of the morning plus I was just being stubborn. Found 'em!I LOVE this plane!!Heather