Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diego

Repaint of swedish DC 3

Guest Diego

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,I got my CD from the DC3 just a few days ago. Thank you very much for such a masterpiece. It is a great enjoyment flying this fine bird. I first took my place in a DC 3 when I was about six years old and that was back in the 60 th in Liberia/Africa. We only had two of them, one for the president and the other one for passengers, and animals and so on. Very interesting when you are flyinf and also have some chicken a board.My Question to the repainters is, is someone is working on the swedish Vridjof Viking. I have seen this bird some months ago and it is a beauty. I still have some more pictures, so if someone is willing, just give me a note.BestDiego

Someone has already done a paint of this, Diego, but not released it yet as far as I know. You can rest assured, however, that being a popular livery it will appear. Two people painted her for the previous MAAM-SIM version, and she's been done for the default FS9 lady already too (although subject to the unfortunate limitations of that model).I myself am working on a Swedish livery but, one of the more unusual ones.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Diego

Thank you for answering, I will wait for it. If you need some pictures for your swedish repaint, don

Guest kimdahl

Hi Mark!I hope you are not refering to this bird which am planning to paint myself:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/92389.jpg(The picture shows my repaint of the default DC-3.)If this is the case it will be the second scandinavian bird that has been "stolen" from me!Best regards

Ha! No, Kim, although it's a free world, remember! I have every confidence that the gentleman who "stole" your other Scandinavian bird will be doing a superlative job of it! I know him well!And heck, if we can have twenty repaints in every scheme of identical Airbuses and still excite the masses, then a choice of DC-3 paint won't hurt, now will it :)No, I am repainting something much simpler in many respects: SE-BAA in her earliest colours (she's mostly bare metal, as most early birds were) which was specifically requested by a Swedish pilot friend.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg