Sign in to follow this  
Guest texasaussie

C-47 Floatie has arrived!!!

Guest texasaussie

I have downloaded the C-47 float plane and what a "ball". It is definitely different to fly and handle (not the Caravan) but now you can do some Bush Flying in the C-47. Great job to those involved!!!!!!

Guest ogeva

It's great! A must have! Manuvering those Alaskan Fjords with this machine is much more challenging than with my old Beaver!Pictures will be posted soon...Oren Geva

Guest EdrickV

Got the Amphib addon and now just have to wait for the R4D itself. (I'll be ordering snail mail so it'll be a while, but it'll be worth the wait.) :)

Guest EdrickV

Got my CD today and had to take the XC-47 in BFU livery out for a quick test flight. Wow. No noticable framerate hit in spot view, (which is how I like to fly) some framerate hit in 2D and more in 3D, but I expected that. Flies very well, very steady and smooth handling. (I assume the same is true of the regular versions.) Water handling is nice. Gotta love that wake. Ground turning would be easier if I could have multiple throttles, but I don't. It turns about as well as I would expect a plane like that to turn though. May try that easy ground turning edit. The CD also arrived pretty fast. (Less then 7 days for money order by mail. :) ) Will be doing a lot of flying in this bird now I think."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest Railrunner130

The more I fly it, the more I really enjoy it!! I don't see why the Army didn't buy/modify them by the hundreds.Thanks again guys!!!!

<<<>>>Railrunner, I'm guessing here, but:1. Too heavy. No room left for payload.2. Difficult to convert.3. Difficult to load.4. Difficult to fly.5. Slow.6. Adding 1-5, expensive.And they're ugly too. But my golly, they're fun in flightim!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

You already have multiple throttles! Just hit Shift + 6 to bring up the throttle quadrant, drag it into a convenient corner, and use the mouse to apply differential throttle from Spot, Top-Down, or any other view. http://www.avsim.com/~maamdev/XC_taxi.jpgYou will be amazed how much easier taxiing will become - still not easy, but easier. ;-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org