Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Screw up! Screw up! FLOATAM to Airmen

You are about to learn why my 'water rudders' gauge as uploaded in DCAMAAM7.ZIP was not an official file, LOL.I made a mistake in the README. Part of the installation process reads:QUOTE4. Within the download DCAMAAM7.ZIP, look inside the folder 'AIRCRAFT/MAAM-SIM XC-47C IFR'. Move the two panel folders 'panel' and 'panel.sperry' to your new '.../Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT/MAAM-SIM DC-3 IFR' folder. Again, allow overwriting. This will install new and appropriate PANEL.CFG files.UNQUOTEThe destination folder should be '.../Flight Simulator 9/AIRCRAFT/MAAM-SIM XC-47C IFR'.You wouldn't know how many times I read over that line and still didn't pick it this error; I even installed MY OWN installation using the README to check its integrity and washed over that line, given that I KNEW where I was installing things. AAAAARRGGGH. If people have followed my instructions, they will have no water rudders in their new floatie 'IFR' folder but WILL have water rudders in their older DC-3 'IFR' installation! 500-odd downloads today, and only one person has brought this to my attention so far, so either some of you have surmounted this problem, or are wondering why you've got water rudders on your wheeled aircraft but not on your floatie!OK ... what this means is that if you installed my rudders gauge today and followed my instructions to the letter, your 'IFR' PANEL.CFG files are now reversed. The new floatie PANEL.CFGs are in the wheeled DC-3 'IFR' panel subfolders, and your original wheeled PANEL.CFGs are in the floatie 'IFR' panel subfolders. Swap them, and all will be well.Or if swapping them is too confusing, just move the PANEL.CFG files back from the 'panel' and 'panel.sperry' folders in 'MAAM-SIM XC-47C IFR' to the corresponding 'MAAM-SIM DC-3 IFR' subfolders they came from, and then install the new PANEL.CFG files from my gauge download into the panel folders in 'MAAM-SIM XC-47C IFR'.You see how confusing it all sounds even when I try to make it simple? Writing READMEs is a dread.Sorry, folks. I shall have to post a correction, I guess.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg