Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

FS2002 Release Date for the Water Baby

Guest racartron

When should we expect the FS2002 version to compliment the rest of my MAAM stuff-------------------Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatifdgsupport.jpg

We're not ignoring you, Racarton and all you other FS2002 holdouts. We just don't have a good answer for you, yet. Rob is buried in other work at the moment, namely RealAir's lovely Spitfire, among other things. As soon as we have a feel for it, we'll make an estimate of a release date. It really is a lot more work than you might imagine, as the two sims flight model engines, so to speak, are very different. My advice; bite the bullet and buy FS2004. We are not going to be able to continue supporting two different platforms indefinitely. The price of COF is down to $30 at some outlets, and maybe you can do even better. I know price is not the only consideration, but it's not the least important, either.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest iannel

I installed the XC-47C on my FS2002 installation, and apart from the engines not starting everything visual was perfect - instruments, model, VC, the lot. If the engines could be adapted for FS2002, it would be OK. But as Bill says, this could entail an entire re-write of the model. But it was nice to play with it anyway.Regards, Ian

Guest iannel

An afterthought - would anyone with the technical knowledge be able to provide a quick fix for the engines - just a thought?Regards, Ian

Yes, courtesy of programmer Fred Banting, here are an aircraft.cfg and air file that will get the engines started.http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/XC_alpha.zip But you will find that the flight model does not work well with FS2002. For one thing, it's terribly sensitive in pitch. In fact, it needs a lot of work, but Rob is very busy at the moment, so it may be some time before he can take on this project. In the meantime, you can play with this. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest iannel

Well, thanks Bill, and Fred, it's more than we could have hoped for actually. This is really great support. I'm sure the sensitivity of the pitching can be reduced by whoever wants to use this model. At least it saves me from upgrading to FS2004, which is still quite expensive in South Africa, not to mention my investment in all my FS2002 add-ons (SA scenery etc...). You know what's nice with the XC-47C - fly along the coastline, spot a nice picnic spot, land in the surf, taxi onto the beach, and enjoy your picnic, while admiring your beautiful plane.Regards to allIan