Sign in to follow this  
jchpa32

Neptune or Martin?

I realize this is the support forum, but I have to ask, will the MAAMSIM team be doing the P2V Neptune and/or the Martin 404? I would LOVE to have these aircraft, and would break out the credit card without hestitation, considering the quality of both BT and the R4D.Looking forward to any new projects from MAAMSIM.

Never can tell. The Neptune is probably not on the short list, though, for several reasons. The P2V would be a very complex aircraft to model, especially inside where some very unique instruments and systems reside. But the main reason is that we think the popularity of such a release would be fairly limited. Since bringing money into the museum's coffers is the name of the game.... The Martin, on the other hand, is a very popular aircraft and she is in all probability the next airliner we will do. But we have at least one other plane to do first, and expect to make an announcement about that fairly soon. Stay tuned.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I am sad to hear that. I always hoped that the Neptune would be a future aircraft to be in the list. Besides my personal feelings for that aircraft (I flew in it many times as a radar technician), I think it is a beautiful and efficient plane that was used in several airforces. Nowadays it is still in use by some firefighting companies in the US.May I hope to see it some time later, if not in FS9 in FSx?Regards,