Sign in to follow this  
Guest radiome

NEW R4D DC-3 Question

Guest radiome

Hello, I just purchased my new CD version of the R4D for FS2002 & FS9. My question is why don't I have a Float Plane showing up in FS2002? I also installed it in my FS2004 and I do have a float version of the DC-3 showing up there but not in FS2002. On my disk it tells me that I have ( 4 add-on aircraft for flight simulator 2002 and 2004 USN,UAL,BEA and XC-47C Amphibian )It doesn't say that the XC-47C Amphibian is for FS2004 only and thats why I'm asking.I was really hoping that I had a float plane of the DC-3 in FS2002 because I use FS2002 alot more then FS9,anyway to make it work? One other question,before receiving my new version of the R4D in the mail I had the old FS2000 & FS2002 of the R4D installed in my FS2002.I purchased it a few years ago on CD like with this new version.Anyway how do you uninstall the R4D?There is no uninstall showing up anywhere,I had to completely uninstall FS2002 before reinstalling the new version of the R4D which was a pain and took some time.I wasn't sure if I should try installing the new version over the old version so thats why I reinstalled everything. I hope the makers of the R4D can help me out.By the way this DC-3 R4D is really nice and I'm glad I ordered it,thanks guys for a great job!

Hi RadiomeFirst of all, thanks for being such a loyal customer.Question number one - Sorry, there is, as of now, still no FS2002 version of the XC-47C. However, earlier tonight I asked Rob Young, our flight dynamics maestro, to tackle that task. He expects to have a bit of time to work on it after the holidays. So hang in there, all you 2K2 holdouts, it should not be too much longer before you can join the floating goons. It will be a free add-on, of course.We intentionally did not include un-install facilities in our products because we have seen them go badly wrong in the past. Since there are no common files between the old R4D and the new R4D/DC-3 packages, everything being built anew for this latest version, there would have been no conflicts. But you still would have had the old R4D in the aircraft menu, along with the new one. To purge the old R4D, though, just delete the old Douglas R4D-6 folder from the FS2002 Aircraft folder. Then you can also delete all gauges beginning with "RCS-R4D" or "WJR" from the Gauges folder. Finally, delete the three effects starting with "rcs_" from the Effects folder. That's all there is to it.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest radiome

Hello Bill, Thanks for the tips and information,one big reason for wanting it to work in FS2002 is I just started using VatSim and wanted to try it out online,not sure how that would work out being that most ATC controllers are working from an airport on land. Anyway I will keep looking for that add on update next year. You guys sure make a nice DC-3, I remember when back in the early sixties,riding in the copilot seat of a DC-3. It was a small flight from Ft. Myers,Fl to Naples,FL.Back then the flight was $35.00 a seat,anyway my Dad who flew a small Cessna thought it would be fun for me to take this flight in this old DC-3 airliner and back then it was a one man operation at the controls. Anyway my Dad talk to the Pilot and told him how much I loved flying and next thing I knew I was riding up front in the cockpit,that was a thrill at my age!I was in the forth grade at that time, the cockpit seem really big and boy was it loud too and for me it really brings back memories of that flight everytime I fly your R4D DC-3. Question where can I find a really good DC-3 flight video, like what you have with Briefing Time? I also purchased the CD version of that from you a few years ago and have enjoy that aircraft as much as the DC-3.Thanks and have a great Christmas!