Sign in to follow this  
Guest pbn

Looking for a Reeve Aleutian Airways repaint

Guest pbn

I'm in noway a talented painter, but since no one else seems to bite, and I would like that livery as well..I tried to take a shot at it. Here is what I got sofar.I haven't been able to find many good photos, so I'm guessing alot.I think the grey coating on the bottom of the hull is to dark and the blue might be to light. I'm not sure whether the nacelles and the cowling flaps should be painted or bare/weathered metal. I'm also not sure whether there should be an antiglare patch and what size. Also are the stabilizers grey or white, I can't tell for sure on the photos I have found sofar.I'm aware the white roof should start to curve down a few feet further forward and the stripes on the tail need some adjustment.CheersPeter

Guest Ted_Pan

Thanks Peter!nacelles are grey as are the horizontal stabsThe cowlings were bare aluminum, polishedThere was an anti glare patch....I am working on finding a some pictures... not an easy task!I will find some... dont care what it takes... am going to ANC in a couple of weeks... know some folks up there who might be able to help!Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest pbn

Thanks for the pics. I have missed the nr 2 pic. I have adjusted the grey color quite a bit. I'll see if I can find some suitable fonts for the text and add some details.CheersPeter

Guest pbn

Here is a few more screenies. I have adjusted the color alittle and added some of the text. I still need to add alot of details like emergency exits and enhance many of the details. Also the tail section and wings still need some adjustment. If you or any one else would like to take a look at the it in the sim I can send the textures. It's still very crude though. I would particulary like some feed back on the colors.CheersPeterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102381.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102382.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102383.jpg

Guest Ted_Pan

Hey Peter,Looking great... the red and blue look perfect....They grey is too light... if you look at the cowling on the first pic, just below the hingeline, just aft of the prop hub, there is a strip of grey... thats the color... sorry I couldnt offer any better help....Also... the aft end of the red/blue stripes - the taper and angle is a bit off...They should taper off towards the tail in a manner that would look symetrical...Great job my friend... great job!Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Ted_Pan

I am desperately looking to add the fullness of the DC3 experience with a Reeve Aleutian DC3 flying the Aleutians in the horrible weather that is frequently the norm...Is there such a thing for this awesome DC-3/C-47?If not.... would one of you talented painters be willing to take a whack at it?Thanks for your time...Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska