Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryansta

Difficulty Installing MAAM DC-3 simulation

Guest ryansta

Greetings,I recently purchased the MAAM CD for the DC-3 and installed it into MS Flight 2004. Two things happened: the FSF2004 program siezes up after a few minutes of running a MAAM plane (the PC locks up and requires re-booting), and when I switch over to fly the default MS2004 DC-3, the gauges and cockpit now look horrid.I clicked 'yes" when asked to install the MAAM gauges, and I adjusted the realism to "HARD." There seems to be no FAQ's I can find, and there seems to be no way to uninstall the MAAM add-on to clear things up.The MAAM planes are getting great reviews, so I'm wondering why this has happened and how I can either fix it or uninstall the MAAM files without re-installing the entire FS 2004 and lose all my other data.Any suggestions?Regards,Doug

Hi Doug,The R4D can have no possible effect of the default DC-3. I won't say it always looked horrid. ;-) They are entirely different sims and we do not use any default files in our package, nor does ours change anything in the FS9 system.It is much more likely that some other add-on or utility is causing this problem. What else are you running with FS? Some add-ons do make changes to the fs9.cfg, for instance, and these can effect other third party add-ons.We did not include an un-install utility, but here are all the folders and files you should delete to completely un-install the R4D...http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/r4d_files.jpgJust open the FS9 folders in the blue columns and delete the folders or files listed above.Please let us know what you learn.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Doug, I'll let the experts help you with the technical stuff BUT please.... please do persevere to get the R4D onto your system (you'll find a way through whatever the fault is...) it is well worth having. I've just put mine on the system and it really is as good as all those reviews. (I got the Mitchell first and was so impressed I just couldn't resist splashing out for the R4D too!!!) And No!..... I'm not connected to MAAM in anyway at all..... unless you count being a very - very satisfied customer:-) I heard about both planes on this site too.... what more can a simmer want:-)Happy New Year... Blue