Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Minor points.....

Hi All, I'm now lucky enough to have both aircraft. Everyone concerned with their production are to be congratulated:-)A couple of things I'm still struggling with - even after reading the manuals on the various discs.With the R4D amphibian - mine shows no wake effect when put down on the water. I'm wondering if I've misplaced the FX files somehow on loading - I followed the install instructions with the auto-install thingy. Can anyone explain please?Secondly - I've been flying the B25 a lot but am unable to turn off the beacon morse identifiers after I've verified tuning is to the correct beacon. This only applies to Nav 1 & Nav 2. The ADF switch cancels the identifier. I've turned off the associated switches above the relevant tuner but still the morse rings out. (If I detune the station on the tuner the signal stops as expected - but when you need to receive the station this is of little use.) Have I missed something in my search of the manual or is it a glitch? Would appreciate any help.Regards Blue

Hey Blue,On the wake - it ain't you - it's me! Looks like I forgot to include the two new wake effects, along with the new oil drip effect, on the CD. Doh! This is the first report, but probably not the last. Good catch.NOTE: The downloaded, add-on version, "maamxc47.zip" DOES include the effects and so does not need this fix...http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/xc47_fix.zip. I'll post that in the library, but you are the first to get it. When you're done, it should look like this...http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/wake.jpgI say again, the fix is ONLY needed for 5th Edition R4D / DC-3 CD owners. That's the only one including the XC-47, as of this date.As for the Nav radio Morse ID, I can not duplicate what you are hearing. The switches work properly at my end, and I do not recall any reports of this through our long beta test and production run. If anyone else has this or an idea about it, please let us know. I have sometimes heard cycling sounds, like flaps or gear, that get hung up, but hitting the Q key a couple times always fixes it. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thanks Bill.... and so swift.I'll download and fix the XC-47.I'll have to do some more research into these identifiers. The switches "click" and animate but the morse continues..... Mmmm. I'll let you know if I find out what it is.Regards, Blue

Blue,Here's something to try. It might be an artifact from a flight using another add-on airplane. Try starting the default MSFS flight (the one with the default C172 at Seattle). Then switch to the B-25 and see if you still have the problem. If not, just change locations to where you want to be and you're set.Ken

Ken, Thanks for taking the trouble to reply - I much appreciate your help. However, I don't think it is left over from previous flight etc. because I start out fine - it is only after tuning to the particular station; receiving the correct morse identifier; then switching the ident. signal 'off' - that the fault is apparent. i.e. the morse ident. for the station tuned continues to sound.Initially I thought it might be the comm. station or something else tuned in - however it is definately the original station tuned on the "Nav 1" or "Nav 2" radio. that continues to "send" the morse.I'll be looking at it again later. (I'm fitting a new graphics card tomorrow - not because of this fault - but it will be interesting to see if the "fault" persists.)Regards, Blue.

Hi Bill, and anyone else following this thread. I've updated my nVidia card drivers to the 66 set on the nVidia site. After one flight test all appears to work as it should. I'm hoping this has fixed the issue completely but thanks for those who took time and trouble towards solving the problem.Regards, Blue.