Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

DX8.1 To DX9.0 3DMark 2001 SE 330 Test

I did a benckmark with 3d Mark 2001SE 330 with 8.1 and got a total score of 8866 I Installed 9x and did the benchmark and got a total score of 5355. I am using 41.09 drivers Does anyone know why there is a big differance between the two scores? My SystemWin XP1 gig sdramP4 2.26GHzMotherBoard ECS P4VXASDD2+PNY G4Ti4200 64mb 500mhz clock speedWD 80 gig 8mb cache955DF Samsung MoniterSound Blaster PCI 512Is 8866 a good score for my setup or should I be getting more out of it. I did system restore to get 8.1 backThank you for any Input.GDKJR

Guest Edam

3D Mark has nothing to do with FS. How is FS running? Frankly speaking, I have no confidence in 3D mark, other than it's ability to benchmark *itself* based on the drivers that you have. Someone else may be able to give the pro, or con, reasons for that.Personally, when I was going through the testing of different drivers with that thing, before I gave up on it, I'd get lower scores with it, but higher FPS, and video quality, with certain games. For example, whichever one of the 3D Mark programs that had a Max Payne demo in it was disappointingly choppy and slow, yet the game played perfectly on my machine. I almost didn't buy the game, but took a chance on it, and I'm glad that I did.Others will have different opinions, I am sure.