Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryansta

MAAM DC-3 simulation locks up

Guest ryansta

Greetings,I've tried posting here before without success, but I thought I would try again. I recently purchased the MAAM DC-3 add-on and it locks up after about 10 minutes of flight. It generally happens right after moving a control such as a throttle....the whole FS2004 locks up and the PC needs to be rebooted. I've also noticed that few of the MAAM controls work while in the VC mode.Finally, I've noticed that most of the FS2004 default planes have degraded their cockpit views to the point where the gauges are no longer readable. This effect happened right after I loaded the MAAM plane into FS2004. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a solution?

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there, I also have the DC-3 and I think I can only answer the part about the controls in the vc. They dont work in mine and I think thats the way they are. I guess if you want to be in the vc and use the controls you'd have to open the windows from the 2d panel. The other parts of your post; I don't get lock-ups and the gauges seem ok in the default planes- although they can seem a bit blurred until you zoom in a bit on them. I just assumed it was my eyes! Seems like a bad file there in your machine.

Hi,We have not had any such reports about lock-ups. Furthermore, our packages, unlike some other third-party add-ons, make on changes to FS files or settings, nor do they share files with any of the default aircraft. It just is not possible for any degradation you are seeing in other panels to be the result of 'Briefing Time' or the R4D / DC-3 package.You may need to look at what other add-ons or programs you have running in FS. I won't drop names here, but there are some very well-known commercial scenery programs and aircraft that actually alter the FS9.cfg. MAAM-SIM pleads not guilty, your honor.Having said this, are you certain your system has the resources to run a complex model, such as ours? Perhaps you are running into a resource issue.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest ryansta

Thank you for the reply. I don't think it's a resource issue. My PC has plenty of juice. The lock-ups occur not only with your plane but also the default ones as well while yours in loaded on my machine. I'm not blaming your product, per say...I'm just trying to document what's happening and find out why this is happening.Here's what I've done so far...I uninstalled all of the FS9 files and program, deleted your DC-3, and reinstalled the base FS9 program. I reinstalled some of the add-on textures and gauges I've used in the past. I flew a couple of flights no problem, using default planes and textures and a couple of defaut planes with 3rd party textures. All went fine.I have no history with your product, but I have no reason to doubt it--your defense sounds very convincing. However, your last post is the second time that you "haven't used names" as you say...making it impossibe for me to track down what's going on. There is a possiblity, and I now I believe a strong one, that the update FS9.1 has put out is conflicting with your add on. Microsoft has a warning that it might conflict with 3rd party add-ons, in fact. Previously, I was running the update, now I'm not. I also don't have your plane loaded. I've requested advise from Microsoft FS, but all their support request emails get bounced back to me. The global economy we've created is great in finding new and varied products, but it makes service a real gamble. Again, thanks for replying and giving me a little more information. You add-on has gotten some great reviews, and I just don't have a clue why this is happening all of a sudden.

Hi. If you shoot me an e-mail at maam-sim@maam.org I'll be happy to give you the name of the product I refer to. I'd be interested to know what other third-party software you are running. I do not want to get into a public mud-slinging match with another developer.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org