Sign in to follow this  
rambow

Touring with the XC-47C

Former RAF jet fighter pilot Peter McLeland has posted some super screenshots of MAAM-SIM planes in the past, and he has another great series depicting a tour of Misty Fiords, Alaska. Check it out here...http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard.php...&mode=full&pageBill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

BTW, in one of the posts beneath this sequence, Peter expounds on his preference for 2D panels over VC's, thus:"Each to his own on the VC...I am first and foremost a Fighter Pilot and I'm used to sitting close to the panel as in 2D and being able to "Glance" rapidly in a tiny fraction of a second to left or right or half left or half right. This is totally impossible to simulate with panning...Try it now...sit looking at this screen and now "Glance" left. Notice how your eyes swing in their sockets as your head only half turns...it is very fast and the Hat Switch in the 2D panel is a superb simulation of this. I have a second Hat Switch set into the stick slightly rotated so that the four positions are the diagonals. The top normal hat will glance left or right and return to looking straight ahead as the switch is released to centre. The other hat is set to go straight to any diagonal view and remain there when the switch is released. The view is returned to straight ahead by flicking the top normal hat to any direction and release. In this way I can exactly simulate my required view movements during aerobatic and display flying and can keep my flight path to the exact positioning with regard to the display line on the ground...in exactly the same way as in real life display flying. I find this impossible with the VC and never use it for display flying except to provide the odd VC view for people who like them."As the panel designer of the team, I certainly appreciate Peter's point of view, and you may well see this quotation show up in the next User's Manual I write. :-)Although I now fly more often from the VC than I used to, I still like having them both. You can expect to see the full contingent of 2D and 3D panels in the TBM, and the VC will be fully functional.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org