Sign in to follow this  
Guest pollard

Gauge Tweaks?

Holy cow, Ian! I thought you knew me better than that. I was not implying anything remotely like that. What I was warning others who might offer an opinion on the question, since I had just invited them to do so, was not to begin bashing you (or me ;) for our opinions. Someone once said we are all entitled to one.If you leave this forum I would consider it a poorer place. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest pollard

Thanks, that cheered me up no end. I'm truly sorry if I've taken your comment out of context but it came at the end of a completely reasonable 'argument' and caught me completely off-guard! I can see what you meant by it now so I'm sorry for that.I can also see your reasoning on the guage issue and though I am a little peeved at your decision I am very grateful for your indulgence so far. I think our all of our efforts on this thread have been very worthwhile and that generally this has been a very productive outing. I'm finally happy to put it to bed!P.S. Can I just say I'm sorry about the 'ugly aircraft' jibe on the new project thread! It was light-hearted and I really mean't well but it reads very poorly and is definately in the wrong place! My initial impression was that a B17 had run over it's tail and someone had done a poor job of fixing it! I never explained this in my post so my comment reads negatively. It doesn't help much being the first in the queue either! I'm actually very excited about the whole project and I'm really looking forward to some early photos of my new office! :-yellow1 Thanks, Bill.Ian :-beerchug

Hi Ian,I'm too am very happy all this is settled amicably. I still don't consider it closed, though. If the concensus says that those call-outs should be removed, I would not fight the decision. I agree that however the final call-out call goes, you have pointed up a couple other very valuable fixes that we were happy to see implemented. Certainly no one will argue the merits of the repaired primer switch and added trim center spot. These are not the first good ideas you have put forward, either, and that's what I meant about you being valued as a forum participant. What a boring world it would be of we all agreed about everything all of the time!As for your ugly comment about the "Turkey", I never took it in any other manner than being light-hearted. I tend to agree that she is an ungainly beast, and reportedly flies thusly, too. But what a great and valuable and honest airplane she was and is, and so beloved despite her lack of pulchritude. Like the DC-3, she has soldiered on (or perhaps I should say sailored on) in post war duty as a fire fighter and aerial sprayer. All hail the homely Turkey, and long may she fly. Sleep well, Sir Knight.:-) Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill & All........ I've posted before on your wonderful offerings! They are still wonderful - including the "call outs". I'd like them to stay please. Keep up the great work - Thanks again. Blue

Guest pollard

It's a pretty safe bet that most people will want something rather than nothing, Bill, So I'm not sure why you insist on having a pole? You ever heard of a flight-simmer turn down a freebie?? :-lolI'm thrilled to be in the absolute minority here and all geared up for the big fight!! :-samuraiSir John.PS. Thanks for putting our efforts on the website!(Why they couldn't just make the blessed call-outs louder is beyond me, tut, tut, mutter, mutter...)