Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hitch

R4D Manual Video Problems

Guest Hitch

All,I'm having a problem viewing videos from within the HTML manual. They appear as the common "object not found" icon (as below). All the files for the manuals + media are in the same directory. Any ideas? http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/120955.jpgAlso, any word on the DC-3 Multimedia CD?THANKS!!Hitch

Greetings,I am experiencing the same thing - could it be because I'm using the Firefox browser? - guess I should try it under IE.Rick

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden

Guest Hitch

Rick,I'm not using Firefox, I'm using IE. I'd be interested to know if you get it to work under IE. I might be able to narrow down my problem.I'v gone through the source code and don't see it looking for another directory for the videos, so it must be something else.Hitch

Guest allcott

Have you tried sticking the CD in the drive?Allcott

Guest Hitch

Yep, I've tried it straight from the CD. No go. It's really not a big deal, since I can always watch the videos by playing them individually from the directory, I'm just curious as to why they wont apppear in the HTML manual.Thanks!Hitch

Hi Hitch,You've probably already done this, but just in case...While you have the manual opened in IE, go to the Tools menu>Internet Options>Advanced.Drag down to Multimedia, and make sure that "Play videos in web pages" is checked.Other than that, I don't know why it won't work for you.Best,Ken

Guest Hitch

Ken,YEEHAW! That was it. Don't know why I didn't think of that before...it now seems so obvious. DOH!!Thanks for the "refresher course" :)Semper Fi,Hitch

Hitch,Glad to see you got it working - mine is too in IE. At least IE is good for something ;) Now for Firefox......

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden