Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

Arizona Airways Repaint.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Greetings. I downloaded this repaint and thought I had done all that was needed to get it into the hangar but it does not show up. I added it to the cargo model and the passenger one for good measure as well but no joy, so any advice would be welcome. I have the feeling there is something in the cfg text that is not quite right- should the ui variation be something else, for example? Anyway, all thoughts gratefully recieved! Andy.

It won't work with the pax version, for sure, only with the cargo. Did you make the necessary changes to the fltsim.xx line?Apart from the description being wrong, which is irrelevant to the aircraft loading, all else seems to be in order.If you still have problems you'll find Tim Trivett, the author of this package, over at DC-3 Airways.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest lemonadedrinker

THanks for that, Mark. I think I've done everything right- but sometimes even the smallest typo can stop things happening. I'll try it again and then go find Tim Trivett perhaps!Andy.

Guest lemonadedrinker

I downloaded the Frontier Airlines repaint as a kind of test to see whether I was cracking up and that went in straightaway, so I think there must be a quirk in the AA cfg,but I haven't been able to access the DC-3 forum so e-mail Tim Trivett to ask. Perhaps he will see this plaintive cry here!Andy.

One thought, Andy ....There is a default paint for Arizona Airways which, if you are a fan, you probably have on your hard drive...The 'title=' name is identical to Tim's upload. So if you have this default paint, then try renaming the 'title=' line in Tim's MAAM-SIM paint to 'title=Douglas DC-3 Arizona Airways MAAM' and see whether that helps.Tim may not be aware of this other paint, but this kind of thing is important to check when uploading paints. If you have any aircraft that share the same 'title=' description, one of them will not show.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest lemonadedrinker

Thank you Mark- I've just seen your post and I'll try that. The default A A is a lovely paint job!Andy.(a message as to the success or otherwise will follow!)

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi Mark. This is my 2nd response as the previous has gone to the next dimension it seems.Adding MAAM to the end worked a treat! Many thanks to you for the answer. Thinking on it generally though the default DC-3 and the MAAM-SIM planes are in seperate folders and you would think that that is ok on the naming side of things-no?Andy.

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>No.All FS looks for when 'selecting' aircraft within the sim is that title line. You can name your folders what the heck you like, or your manufacturer, type, variation, and FS doesn't care. Although the aircraft will appear to YOU under manufacturer, type and variation, FS doesn't see things that way internally. So if you have two title lines the same, problemo. It will choose the first it finds and not load the second.AI also looks for the title line.Hence, the reason why the default aircraft, when in several varieties, are usually named Paint 1, Paint 2, etc. As I said in an earlier post, repainters are well advised to make a careful check that there are no other aircraft out there on the web that could be confused with theirs; you'd be surprised how many people overlook updating that title line, or do not qualify it adequately.Anyway, I'm very glad we cracked the problem. Cheers!MarkMark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Tim made the default AA repaint also? I asked for it and Challenger airlines at DC3 Airways for use in the routes for these 2 regional airlines there. This was, of course, before I purchased the MAAM-SIM. Tim kindly redid them for the default DC3 for me...which I appreciate greatly.Vic

Ahh...ok. (A light goes on!!) Tim stopped working on the AA default, I believe, but his Challenger was already done when I bought the MAAM-SIM model. My mistake.