Sign in to follow this  
Guest pollard

Just Avenger Chit-Chat

Guest pollard

Hey,I was watching a documentary last night about a flight of five Avengers which disappeared off the coast of Florida (Bermuda triangle) on a training mission in the 40's. Anyone see it? Recently they found five aircraft (all Avengers) flaps down in the ditching cfg on the ocean bed in the correct location and naturally assumed they'd found the ill-fated flight. Tail numbers, however, proved that the five aircraft weren't connected with the lost flight and they were all identified as known isolated casualties in the area! What about that? Five lost, five found, and all in the 'right' place, and yet no relation to one another? Blimey, talk about stranger than fiction... I have to say this programme really put me in the mood for Avengers (some great re-creations of the flight on screen, cockpit shots etc). Really looking forward to the future and MAAM's next exciting product! Here's to it, guys!Sir John:-sword

Guest Hawk19

I saw that show awhile back. Very interesting indeed. Just goes to show you that fact IS stranger than fiction.:-hmmm HawkP.S. I am also really looking foward to the Turkey.

Guest Alexander_EFG

Well, there might be a simple explanation for that one. The five Avengers "were stolen" ad used for other activities in that area. When they became obsolete they were dumped at the place where they so called disappered with different registrations so that the confusion would be complete... Another conspiracy theory, but a good one I guess....

Guest pollard

And the really strange thing of course was that some of the aircraft where missing their tail sections! Exactly where those all-important numbers were... Hmmm... Perhaps you shouldn't have posted about the conspiracy theory... They may be onto us......Sir John:-lol

Guest Alexander_EFG

ROFL! John, this makes perfectly sense now! Some secret government cover up of 5 Avengers which were battling the aliens! If I don't respond here in one week then you know what to do. Duck and cover! :)LOL ...or was that slogan used for something else??? :-haloAnyhow, I guess we should run to some sort of undercover orgnization like the Lone Gunman and seek their help! :-zhelp