Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimmy

? on Avenger progress

Guest Jimmy

I was just wandering how the Avenger was comeing along the latest news on the MAAM-SIM site is from Feb.

Well..... There's a little crater in the runway that may delay takeoff a bit. I am recovering from eye surgery for a detached retina and with the resolution down to 800 X 600 I can just about handle this reply. Graphics work on panels and such are out of the question at the moment. Jan has made quite a bit of progress with the aircraft model, but the other phases of Project TBM are going to be lagging until I am no longer a cyclops.So we'll let you know when there is something to tell on the Turkey, but in the meantime, we are not idle. Jan is getting near to release state on the D-Day C-47 and fortunately my panel work for that bird was done before my eye problem struck. She is a stunner with some really unique features, a completely new model - not just a repaint. She will be, like the XC-47C and OY-BPB before her, a free enhancement for owners of the R4D / DC-3 package. So if you want to own the best C-47 ever done for FS and don't have the R4D CD, go order it now at www.maam.org so you will be ready on our Skytrain's D-Day. We'll put up some new screenies soon and advise everyone as soon as that release date is known.I'll keep an eye out for you. ;-)Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest kennethg

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Bill.

Guest pollard

My sentiments exactly. I know what eye injuries feel like and wouldn't wish one on anybody! Everytime you move the good eye you move the bad eye... Oowch. You have my sympathy, Bill, honestly.Sir John

Guest foreigndevil

I wish you a quick recovery! Don't overwork. It overstrains your eyes. Great news about the D-Day C-47. Maybe you should release it on D-Day?

Bill ... Doctor Beaumont here. Will you STOP it, please? Rest that eye. Your public will wait ... but we want you better first!Of course you won't read this, because you're resting that eye. Yeah, right.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Or was it left? ;) http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Hawk19

Hi Bill,Sorry to hear about your eye. Take it easy and get well soon. We can wait. Your health is a lot more important than our hobby. :)HawkP.S. Don't read this until you are all better. :-lol

Guest altack

Hi Bill,Best wishes from the "old" Europe !!!Francois

Yeah, but I'm BORED! Actually, I can not yet open the repaired eye without using my fingers, so I'm not straining it. When my single working eye gets tired from doing double duty, I do rest it. I have my second post-op visit tomorrow so we'll see what's up then.Thanks to everyone for the concern and kind wishes. I really appreciate it. Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Railrunner130

Get well soon Bill! Don't get back into the swing of things too early. Take your time and let it all heal up right!

Guest Jimmy

Thanks for the update on the Avenger. I'm looking forward to the D-Day C-47 I have had the R4D/DC-3 package almost since it first came out and think it's one of the best planes over made for flight simulator. Thanks for all the great work and I hope your eye gets better soon.Jimmy