Sign in to follow this  
Guest Regent Air C.E.O.

XC-47 paint kit?

Guest Regent Air C.E.O.

is there one? I've looked all over but cna't find it would liek to try to populate my world with more of the bird!

Guest lemonadedrinker

Check 'Heather Sherman' in the file library as she does loads of great repaints and where she gets the time from now she has her ranch and the repair shop and the paint shop and all her Hollywood work for the great stars of today I just don't know!Andy.

Dear Regent Air CEONot as yet. I confess to being remiss in this as you are not the first to ask, although it's a question as to what kind of base texture people would want. The official machines (there were only ever five) were all in olive drab, as per Jan's own release, and the only one I know of that sported other colours (Folsom's, which I painted up) was actually a hybrid i.e. DC-3 with floats attached in the 70s.I think the best bet would be kit with both bare metal and plain olive drab, don't you think, on which people could paint what they liked. I'll get to it presently, together with a paintkit for Jan's forthcoming C-47 release, which is actually more important to get out because of the thousands of aircraft that used that base design; but it'll be a little while because of other priorities right now. Forgive, please!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest ogeva

Mark, I think a grey painted metal paint kit will also be welcomed - as many aircraft are painted like this today.If I remember correctly you created base paintkits for the default FS DC3 which were great and covered most 'templates' incliding the popular half gray half while scheme.http://online.vatsimindicators.net/825051/142.png

Guest Railrunner130

I've kinda been feeling my way in the dark by using the master blanks provided for the tailwheel version and adding/moving a few items around to make it match what's on the XC-47C files. It works OK, but there are a few antennaes and such that I can't locate. I think there's something funky with the color of the float right where the water rudder meets too. That's why I haven't released any of my repaints yet. A bare metal repaint kit would be very much appreciated!

Guest Regent Air C.E.O.

Mark, a baremetal would of course be great. that would allow us to virtually expand on the 5 that were made. and yes a kit with both would be the best bet as far as that goes thanks for your assistance and BTW really looking forward to the 47. I must say MAAM has really made the money I spent for the DC and B-25 seems like a well spent venture. thanks!D >Dear Regent Air CEO>>Not as yet. I confess to being remiss in this as you are not>the first to ask, although it's a question as to what kind of>base texture people would want. The official machines (there>were only ever five) were all in olive drab, as per Jan's own>release, and the only one I know of that sported other colours>(Folsom's, which I painted up) was actually a hybrid i.e. DC-3>with floats attached in the 70s.>>I think the best bet would be kit with both bare metal and>plain olive drab, don't you think, on which people could paint>what they liked. I'll get to it presently, together with a>paintkit for Jan's forthcoming C-47 release, which is actually>more important to get out because of the thousands of aircraft>that used that base design; but it'll be a little while>because of other priorities right now. Forgive, please!>>Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont>>http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg