Sign in to follow this  
Guest bstolle

Never been impressed so much before (B-25) 2 questions

Guest bstolle

Dear B-25 designers,I know that this B-25 is available since long ago, but being a fan of the B-26 I didn't look much at the B-25. 2 Days ago I finally bought the boxed version, installed it, my yaw dropped and hasn't recovered yet.I used to build my own planes for (up to) fs95 (HiFi series) and x-plane because I was never really satisfied with the planes available.Building planes for fs9 is quite something for a single person and after building a Do27 for 770hrs !!! I gave up due to the FSDS2 texturing limitations. I do have a lot of payware planes including the ATR72, A36, LDS767(of course), RealAir Spitfire etc... and they are all very nice. Especially the A36 is a very complete and well done package. Nevertheless, I was searching for a 'really' interesting plane to handfly. Not too small and not too big. The ATR is ok but when I first fired up the B-25 from the VC i was really speechless. The only 'real' warbirds I've flown so far are the T-28 (and an F-4U in the back.This B-25 is the most immersive addon plane I EVER experienced. The view from the VC, textures, sounds, visual model, gauge update rate in VC, FDE, everything is perfectly fine tuned to fit seemless und ultra realistic into a single package. Thanx a lot for this incredible add on!!!!!!Making a 'real' castoring nosewheel was a 2sec affair and I'm afraid I know the answers, but neverhteless I HAVE to ask.Is it possible to add clickspots in the VC for e.g. the prop, mixture and cowl flap levers, or are you planning to add these ?Anyone working on an update for raindrops on the VC windows ? With that much glass, it must be a terrific experience.That's it. Thanx again for this superb plane. Doing circuits at (flight scenery) Quonset with it's old buildings and perfect runway environment is the best I ever had in ANY flightsim EVER !RegardsBernt Stolle Capt 767

Hi Bernt,High praise indeed, and we thank you very much. I'm a Marauder fan, too, as it was my Dad's favorite of the three types that passed through his unit, the 2d Sqdn, 22d Bomb Group, 5th USAAF. His was the only U.S. bomber unit in the war to be equipped with three different types. He remained a Marauder man at heart, even after the Mitchells and eventually, Liberators supplanted the "** from Baltimore".We are presently working on a free patch that will make the VC controls interactive. No release date yet, but we'll announce it far and wide.As far as rain on the VC glass, I do not think that is possible in FS, but I'm sure someone will corect me if I'm wrong.BTW, in the future, we'd apprciate you buying directly from MAAM as that way the museum gets all the money, rather than just a royalty, as is the case with the boxed version.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest bstolle

Hi Bill,>We are presently working on a free patch that will make the VC controls interactive.Thank you so much ! Never expected you to continue work on a 'previous' project. This is something normally NOT done by companies and I appreciate it very much :-) >As far as rain on the VC glass, I do not think that is possible in FS,...It is. E.g. all new RealAir planes have it. These are the updates that normally go hand in hand with the implementation of clickspots in the VC. So if you ask Rob Young, I'm sure that he will help you.>BTW, in the future, we'd apprciate you buying directly from MAAM as that way the museum gets all the money...Tell you something. Just bought the DC-3 CD, the B-25 Multimedia CD and donated enough to achieve a total of 99.95USDI know, it's not really much but I do hope it helps MAAM a tiny bit.All the best, Bernt Stolle Capt 767

Thanks very much, Bernt! That's putting your money where your mouth is.:-jumpyGuess I better do a bit more rainy weather flying! Just loaded up the Spit in dirty weather. Very cool effect! I'll have Jan check with Rob on this. Thanks again.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

I have to agree with Bernt. What a fantastic plane. It is even more impressive to see it in person. I have and loved it. I even got to stick my head up into it (just between me and my tourguide :7 ) was very "familiar". The R4Dis just as superb. Are the control surfaces replaced yet? Well that will give me a reason to come up again this summer.Thanks again for some great aircraft. Maybe the P61 some day.

Thanks, Andrew.If you are speaking of the R4D control surfaces, which I imagine you are, as the ailerons are presently off the plane and BT's are in perfect condition, the answer is, not yet. But the R4D is scheduled for a double engine change and a complete restoration to her former award-winning condtion, late this year. We'll be sure to keep you all up to date as the project gets under way and progresses.In fact, when the time comes, you can actually have a hand in the work. I helped sand those ailerons with Russ, for instance, after they were re-covered in fabric and doped. Museum members can volunteer to get their hands on the airplanes and get them dirty on work nights. No experience is required. You just have to be willing to learn and work under the instruction of an experienced restorer. It gives you a great sense of satisfaction, I can tell you. Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill that is exactly what I was talking about. I didnt know it was getting the full treatment. I know they said the ailerons were being re-covered with fabric. Is there someplace where work nights are posted. I might be able to make a few of them.Thanks

Hi Andrew,The best way to find out about work nights and weekends is to give the museum office a call and ask Brenda or the volunteer who answers the phone. I'm sure they have it on a calendar there. If you are not already a member, WW2 Weekend is a great time to join as there is a show special price on it. But it's only $45 a year at normal times. The preparations for the big show are consuming every moment right now, so wait until that's over with to inquire about the work nights. If you have any construction skills, those will be prized, as well. We have to build a couple "pioneer" style wooden hangars to house our small aircraft in order to make room for both the R4D and the P-61 in the main hangar.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org