Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris2482

Virtual-MAAM

Guest chris2482

Hi folks,we are planning to setup something like the Virtual MAAM.our goal is to setup formationflights and other special events with the MAAM-Sim aircrafts for those that enjoying them like we do.so now the first thing i do is to chek if there is any intrest for this. and if there are pilots out there that would join us.cheerschris

Guest deKoven

>Hi folks,>>we are planning to setup something like the Virtual MAAM.>>our goal is to setup formationflights and other special events>with the MAAM-Sim aircrafts for those that enjoying them like>we do.>>so now the first thing i do is to chek if there is any intrest>for this. and if there are pilots out there that would join>us.>>cheers>>chrisHmmm, given that it would be in a timeframe when I'm available, I'm there. Mostly I like to fly the R4D but "Briefing Time" gets some play also. :D

Guest chris2482

hi deKoven,nice that you would join us...hmmm the time is a good point.i have to find out what time we should use that every one knows when it is on his own time...im in germany and anotherone is in australia...i think we would find a time that is fine for all...if you have any idea let me know...maybe we use utc...<---what a shame i dont know the difference between german and utc time...cheers chrismaybe we can setup the first flight on this weekend

Guest kennethg

I'd be interested, I'm USA Pacific Time and would be flying either the R4D or the B-25. It'd be my first time in multi-player flying, tho.

Guest chris2482

hi kennethg ill checkout the time difference between us. i think we could fly the firstime on this weekend...i also will setup a teamspeak server if youre intrested.i will post a time later when i figured out the time zones....peace.chris

Guest chris2482

ok there i am....ok i would say we use the UTC for our time problem.kennethq for you that meansyout time has a difference of -7 on summertime and -8 in winter. for excample if we would host a flight at 5 pm utc it will be 12 am you time...but i think you know the utc thing.let me know if you are intrested flying this weekend. then we talk about the time...and then lets go.

Hi Chris,I'm glad you took my suggestion to bring your idea to the forum. Now I have an idea for you and the group... The upcoming C-47 add-on will feature a model configured to drop paratroopers. The door animation will differ from other models in that the paratroop exit panel portion of the troop door, which can me removed from inside the aircraft in-flight, will be operable. No doors or steps are left hanging out in the slipstream. The aircraft has also been fitted with the blue formation lights that were the only illumination turned on during the Normandy drop. I think it would be great if your group could pull off a C-47 formation, both daylight and night using the lights. I would love to have screenshots of such an endeavor and would certainly use these on our webpage and press releases.Also, Sam Kimpton, who has just joined the BTBT as our Airborne and Troop Carrier expert, is working on an adaptation of a paratrooper effect that will allow you to drop historically uniformed and equipped paratroopers. I have doubts about whether the jumpers dropped by other ships would be visible to you in multi-player mode, though. Does anyone know? If you are interested in trying this Skytrain formation, you could practice using any of the MAAM-SIM 1830-92 engined DC-3's. In other words, not the R4D. The UAL, BEA, or any repaint based on them will have the same flight dynamics and instrumentation as the C-47. OY-BPB would be a perfect choice. I would also love to have formation shots of B-25 repaints, as well. Think about the possibilities of videos of your formation flights! Any FS videographers out there?In any event, congratulations on the concept and welcome. We look forward to hearing and seeing more from you and will be happy to help out whereever we can. If this thing "takes off" perhaps I can set you up with a page on our website.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest chris2482

hi Bill,i love your idea of the formation flights...that one with the b25

Regarding the "timezone problem" it can be difficult. Belonging to a group from all over the planet on the rare occasions we've got together in real-time it has generally been within a fairly small "window":London, England = 1400 GMTBend, Oregon, USA = 0600 localPerth, Australia = 2200 localFine for me in the UK, less convenient for my friends !Alastair

Guest chris2482

hi Alastair,you are absolut right...the time differences may be a problem. thats why i think to only setup flights on the weekends. for excample me and Nathan ( queensland ) flying together as often as possible. there is allways a way to manage the time difference. for sure the time want fit for everyone...lets check out first how big the intrest is. i think the first maam meeting will have arround 5 pilots....and maybe the next a few more. i really hope to find a way to setup games for everyone....maybe another person that can host on the time i dont host...lets see.im not sure yet what time would be the best choice to setup games. What Multiplayer client would you prefer? FSHost or Zone? if you have any questions let me know.cheerschrisVirtual-MAAM

Guest chris2482

Hi again,i checked out the world time zones. and i would say 2pm gmt looks good. but if there are any problems i could host earlier or later...however you all need it.i really like to setup our first meeting this saturday. probably on 2pm gmt..but i need to know what multiplayer client you like to use. but to make the selection not to big i would say FSHost or Zone. becouse its easyer to manage our events without atc.hope to hear from you soonchrisVirtual-MAAM

Guest kennethg

1400 GMT this Sat. would work for me, IF I can figure out the whole multi-player setup. No Teamspeak here for me, not yet anyway. I am familiar with the concept of internet address and servers and such. If you can tell me which server to go to, I'm sure I'll be able to get on-line, I just may be text-only. Tell me if this'll be a show-stopper. If it works, I'll be flying the RAF B-25.

Guest chris2482

hey,no thats no show stopper. i think i will set it up on zone. its the easiest way for all.just start you flighsim and click on multiplayer. then on start game. and yet on zone. now the webbrowser opens...after some little instalations you will see a screen where you can see all online games. our game will be called Big MAAM meeting.hope to see you there. if you got any problems with multiplayer post here,i will check the forum every hourpeacechrisVirtual-MAAM

Guest Jimmy

I would be intrested in something like that if the time worked out for me but I have not done any formation flying before.